Question to think about.

gagliarchives

Explorer
Mar 7, 2004
gagliarchives.com
If you could spend one day, just 24 hours in any time period. What day and year, and what town in the pines or surrounding area would you go to and why? Also include what it is you'd like to do and why. And in conclusion, please list who you'd like to chat with from the past as well who are pines related.

This is a graded assignment.

:dance:
Tom Gagliardi

Furball1

Explorer
Dec 11, 2005
Florida
Give me an "A"

With the Lenni Lenape tribe feasting on fresh fish and mussels and clams and oysters on a midden on an island in the middle of Batsto River, 5,000 years ago, (since I am not familiar with the geologic timetable) preferably in November, with no glacier within 100 miles. Nov. 3rd, 3000 B.C., around noonish. Until the next day.

Furball1

Explorer
Dec 11, 2005
Florida
Reason

I forgot to state my reason: I have always had a fondness for native cultures, and have often, when secluded in the PB's, when there's that rare moment of no sounds of planes or cars or motorcycles--just the wind and sun and trees singing--that I've experienced a sort of "out of body--out of time" sensation of deep contemplation and prayer, as if I have been transported back in time. I believe we yearn for a time when creation was pure, like the Garden of Eden. Amen.

grendel

Explorer
Feb 24, 2006
Fredericksburg VA
Furball1 said:
I forgot to state my reason: I have always had a fondness for native cultures, and have often, when secluded in the PB's, when there's that rare moment of no sounds of planes or cars or motorcycles--just the wind and sun and trees singing--that I've experienced a sort of "out of body--out of time" sensation of deep contemplation and prayer, as if I have been transported back in time. I believe we yearn for a time when creation was pure, like the Garden of Eden. Amen.

In the garden not only was the creation pure but so was man.I think the wilderness is still a good place to seek closeness with God.

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
I would like to ride the Tuckerton Railroad in the 1800's, preferably about 3-5 years into its life. I would like to be able to stop along the various places I really care about like Bamber and Whiting and check out Ferrago Furnace and Dover Forge (even if partially in ruins at the time). I would also be able to talk to the plant collectors of the time period, like Dr. Kneiskern from Whiting. He was probably scouring the woods at that time, although very old.

diggersw

Scout
Dec 4, 2003
Freehold Area
Visit site
This one is really quite easy. I would want to go to the ROG area in the mid 1850s. In this way, I could see not only ROG, but also Townsend Clay, the Half Way mines, the Lewis Neill Fire Brick Co, and how all of them interacted. This way, I would also have abundant data for numerous articles and answer many questions about the area.
Scott W.