Rattlesnake And A Stones

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
All,

Jessica and I were looking for stones and monuments today and while walking down a road we surprised a large Rattlesnake.

IMG_4787.JPG

It also surprised us and something we did to avoid it really made it annoyed. It coiled up in a fraction of a second and for the first time we were able to hear the buzz. It really does sound like a buzz. It was prepared to strike and would have if we moved closer.

IMG_4792.JPG

IMG_4797.JPG

Larger view if you want to see it.

http://teegate.njpinebarrens.com/05242014/full.jpg

I acquired some of the field notes of Lebanon from as far back as the early 1930s and will be starting to look for incised stones and historical stones that you may find interesting. I am in the early stages trying to get my bearings and hopefully soon I will have some significant results. Today, I did find a stone that may help me find more.

IMG_4809.JPG

Guy

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
I was all over Lebanon today and other places. No particular place in general there.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
I was out this morning at 5AM and in the woods by 5:45. The vegitation was extremely wet and the trees were raining on me all morning, and I was soaked within 5 minutes of entering the woods. Really soaked!

Along the way I saw this.

IMG_4815a.jpg

Click the photo for a larger view.

IMG_4816a.jpg

Guy

Reactions: John

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
Yes, I caught some of that wetness too. Do you remember that little tributary of Cedar Creek with the spring holes? I finally ran that down to where it enters Cedar Creek. It disappears several times before it gets there, but I kept on it. The woods were gloriously sunny and wet.

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
awesome snake! I"ve only ran into one live rattler in the Barrens in my life.How do you happen on em every year?I run into them in WV and Tenn but never here.
me when I was about 33

Attachments

• rattler.jpg
    rattler.jpg
    162.1 KB · Views: 278

Y-BUC-BILL

Explorer
Mar 9, 2007
Fellow Pineys
Have been roaming the Pines since 1941.At that time it was the Wharton Estate.Time flys by.I could not be able to young people.Love to read about your stories and your pictures are awesome.Please keep them coming.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Fellow Pineys
Have been roaming the Pines since 1941.At that time it was the Wharton Estate.Time flys by.I could not be able to young people.Love to read about your stories and your pictures are awesome.Please keep them coming.

Glad you enjoy them Bill.

Guy