Red flag warning in effect until 8 pm edt this evening

Jul 12, 2006
Gloucester City, NJ
I wasn't sure which area to post this, so please move it if need be.

ALERT 1 - Red Flag Warning
RED FLAG WARNING IN EFFECT UNTIL 8 PM EDT THIS EVENING
Issued: Monday, March 23, 2009 10:30 AM EDT
Expires: Monday, March 23, 2009 8:00 PM EDT
Back to Summary
Urgent - Fire Weather Message National Weather Service Mount Holly NJ 1030 AM EDT Mon Mar 23 2009

...Very Dry Conditions Through Early This Evening...

.A Strong High Pressure System Across Southeastern Canada Will Continue To Push Very Dry Air Into The Region Into Early This Evening.

Sussex-Warren-Morris-Hunterdon-Somerset-Middlesex- Western Monmouth-Eastern Monmouth-Mercer-Salem-Gloucester-Camden- Northwestern Burlington-Ocean-Cumberland-Atlantic-Cape May- Atlantic Coastal Cape May-Coastal Atlantic-Coastal Ocean- Southeastern Burlington- 1030 AM EDT Mon Mar 23 2009

...Red Flag Warning In Effect Until 8 PM EDT This Evening...

The National Weather Service In Mount Holly Has Issued A Red Flag Warning, Which Is In Effect Until 8 PM EDT This Evening.

Northwesterly Winds Of 15 To 20 Mph With Gusts To 25 Mph Will Continue Through The Afternoon And Early Evening Hours. The Combination Of The Very Dry Conditions, Minimum Relative Humidity Values Of 15 To 20 Percent, And Gusty Winds Will Promote Rapid Fire Growth If Ignition Occurs.

A Red Flag Warning Means That Critical Fire Weather Conditions Are Occurring Or Imminent. A Combination Of Strong Winds, Low Relative Humidity, And Dry Fuels Will Promote Rapid Fire Growth.

RednekF350

Piney
Feb 20, 2004
Pestletown, N.J.
Thanks. I'll be sleeping with a bucket of water tonight.
It is dryer than I've seen it in long time.
I was out along Penn Swamp yesterday with my wife and it was scary dry.