SJ and SW FL
1694266359590.jpeg

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
Too bad. Haven't been there since I moved to Atlantic County in 2006 but went frequently with the family before that and always thought it was one of the better diners.

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
Is this the 'real' end of an era? I didn't stop in much, maybe 2-3 times a year, but it was comforting to know it was there if I needed it. And, there's something to be said about a place where people can gather and get out of the rat race for a couple hours and break bread together.

Reactions: Wick and Boyd

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
I would think that they either will close the other WaWa or sell or rent the pad sites at the diner location. ??????

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
That appears to show that the state did force them to remove the entrance on the circle. Coming from Medford down 70 you will have to go around the circle and then turn in.

The one house on the back road is already for sale, and it will be interesting to see how many others go up next. They all were a little too late maybe.

M1 Abrams

Explorer
May 4, 2023
Burlington County
Wow -- first Atco Dragway, then Shamong Diner, now Red Lion Diner...how many more local dominoes are going to fall? I wouldn't call myself a regular there, but certainly have many pleasant memories of eating at Red Lion with family and friends over the years. I am sorry to see it go.

Still, if there's one desperate need in this area, it's addressing the great local Wawa shortage! There are actually places in my neck of the woods where you can drive for an entire mile without seeing a Wawa! :eek:

Reactions: MuckSavage and Boyd

dragoncjo

Piney
Aug 12, 2005
camden county
I noticed the sunoco I go to on 206 suddenly closed and has not reopened. I wonder if it’s because there will be a wawa close by.

Also I was told by someone in the know that atco raceway will be a catepillar manufacturing site of some sort.

The area is changing and I don’t like it.

slingblade

Scout
Sep 15, 2016
MakePeace Lake NJ
I noticed the sunoco I go to on 206 suddenly closed and has not reopened. I wonder if it’s because there will be a wawa close by.

Also I was told by someone in the know that atco raceway will be a catepillar manufacturing site of some sort.

The area is changing and I don’t like it.
Sunocos all around are closing. The Hammonton Sunoco on 54 was not pumping gas yesterday, though its store was open. The Collings Lakes Sunoco closed months ago. Though the repair business there is still operating.

PINEY WARDEN

Explorer
Jan 13, 2012
I spoke to one of the employees last week and I inquired about the possible sale. The employee was assured employment would continue with no disruption. Very very sad
Farms will be next to go

• Sad
Reactions: M1 Abrams
Jul 12, 2006
Gloucester City, NJ
Money talks. It's really that simple. Not saying I agree with it, but that how it goes. Was at RLD a couple times years ago. If was OK, but nothing to write home about. It's a shame that the local eatery is shutting down.

I hadn't heard that Shaming Diner closed. That sucks too.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
I believe they are signs like a realtor sign. I will get my flash card from the dash cam and look for it.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Okay. My mistake. It is A&A Construction not A&B Development.

aa.jpg

dragoncjo

Piney
Aug 12, 2005
camden county
Hopefully that is just an advertisement.

I recall this same phenomenon in 2005-2007, lots of development and then market implosion. Then things stalled really until post Covid. I expect a similar 2008-2009 economic implosion in the next 16 months.