Remembering 9/11

T

Toothy Critter

Was gonna post "God Bless America" in Music for the Day, but for some reason I can't access that top[c. I Dunno. But I will hum it to myself :) OUTLOUD

Reactions: Broke Jeep Joe

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
I will never forget that day. I had my first colonoscopy.

RednekF350

Piney
Feb 20, 2004
Pestletown, N.J.
I'll never get the surreal feeling after hearing that the second tower was hit.
I was working alone on a construction site and listening to the radio in my truck when the first tower was struck. No one on the radio stations that I flipped through knew if it was an accident or any other clear detail of what had happened. Then, just 20 minutes later, the second tower was hit.

I felt a very sinking feeling and started looking at the sky as if another plane was going to fly over me in Berlin, NJ. I wrapped up what I was doing and headed back to the office where everyone was standing around talking about the tragedy. And then the details started rolling in from the other attack sites and the live camera footage of the tower disaster started.

A sickening, sad day for all Americans, the likes of which I hope we will never see repeated.

RednekF350

Piney
Feb 20, 2004
Pestletown, N.J.
A picture I will always be proud of and a sad memory for this somber date.
This is my hard-working father who never missed a day of work in all the years that I can remember. He is assembling a television station transmitter antenna that was later delivered for installation on top of the World Trade Center This picture was taken the late 70's in Gibbsboro at the RCA Antenna facility where he was a Wireman. My good friend's Dad was one of the engineers who designed it.
This antenna came down with the towers, along with thousands of human lives in 2001.
1f614.png
Dad 12106821_10205258147478714_3218337103275723608_n.jpg

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
Watched the tragedy unfold from the roof of our office building. It was first thought to be a fire in tower 1 and then we watched the 2nd plane hit and the subsequent collapse of them. The company sent their hospital staff and fire dept over to Liberty state park, which became one of the staging centers for rescue efforts on this side of the Hudson. The days and weeks that followed were a bit surreal, no planes coming into EWR, only occasional fighter jets and military copters in the air. Heightened security everywhere. Each morning a view of the smoke from the site as we passed over the GSP Raritan river bridge. 2 coworkers lost family; one a son, 32, a firefighter, and another her husband, in tower 1. The fellow, Todd Beamer, that spoke those words on Flight 93, was our Oracle support manager. I had just returned from Yellowstone the day before, friends that stayed later were marooned out there as air flights were all halted.

Last edited: