Remembering Howard Boyd

Jersey Jeff

Explorer
Jun 22, 2012
Thank you for your write-up. I never had the opportunity to meet Dr. Boyd, but I read his books and enjoyed them thoroughly. Hos work definitely made me look at the Pine Barrens more closely.

Thank you Ben and Guy for posting my article on Howard Boyd. And Jersey Jeff, I'm pleased that I was able to provide you with some background on this knowledgable man who has had such a positive influence on you. By the way, just for the record, Howard did not have a doctorate. He would have been pleased to learn that his books made an impact on you.

Reactions: Ben Ruset

dogg57

Piney
Jan 22, 2007
Southern NJ
southjerseyphotos.com
Thank you Ben and Guy for posting my article on Howard Boyd. And Jersey Jeff, I'm pleased that I was able to provide you with some background on this knowledgable man who has had such a positive influence on you. By the way, just for the record, Howard did not have a doctorate. He would have been pleased to learn that his books made an impact on you.
Nice work

jerzger

Dec 17, 2012
Thank you for posting the story about Howard Boyd. I recently stumbled across an autographed copy of his work, "A Field Guide to the Pine Barrens of New Jersey", and I am thoroughly enjoying the read.