restricted areas ?

local vollie

Scout
Apr 6, 2011
Hypocrite

Vollie... really now. Is it necessary to pollute every thread like this? Please give it a rest and agree to disagree or move on. You will find plenty of open minded people on this site who will listen to well reasoned opposing points of view and possibly even change their minds. But you will also find very little sympathy for trolls.

BOYD....don't know who you are, and quite simply don't care. But to chastise me for my opinions after stating that EVERYONE has the right "to disagree" is hypocritical, especially from such an "open-minded" person such as yourself. Then you have the audacity to call me a "troll". To that I have only one comment....get over it !!!!

Chrisr

Explorer
Sep 14, 2008
Cinnaminson, NJ
You definitely need a long lens. :D

5552184064_4658e95d92_z.jpg

Pancoast, not to hijack the thread, but could you tell me what lens you used on this pic?? I have a 100-400mm Canon L lens. Would that do the trick for a shot like this??

Thanks,
Chris

Apr 6, 2004
Galloway
BOYD....don't know who you are, and quite simply don't care. But to chastise me for my opinions after stating that EVERYONE has the right "to disagree" is hypocritical, especially from such an "open-minded" person such as yourself. Then you have the audacity to call me a "troll". To that I have only one comment....get over it !!!!

So how 'bout them Phils?

PancoastDrifter

Explorer
Dec 7, 2008
www.flickr.com
Pancoast, not to hijack the thread, but could you tell me what lens you used on this pic?? I have a 100-400mm Canon L lens. Would that do the trick for a shot like this??

Thanks,
Chris

I have a 70-300mm Nikon VR, so the 400mm would be great. The trick is to be there when they are firing which only lasts a few minutes every few days.

skip3

Explorer
Nov 21, 2009
cc tx, Green Bank Nj
Ah, to be 29 and know everything !!!!!! Maybe someone should put a muzzle on you, because you OBVIOUSLY have no idea what you are talking about. The Air Guard has been on the range for over 63 years.

While it is true that on occassion they have mishaps that turned into wildland fires, I rest much easier at night knowing that the men and women serving in our armed forces have a place to train. Since the fire of May 15, 2007, the Air Guard is not allowed to use ANY device that can cause ignition in the woods. No more incendiary type munitions are allowed. I'm hoping that the posters on this forum feel the same. Over the past decade, NJFFS has worked hand in hand with the range to eliminate fire hazards section by section. This year 1300 acres were prescribe burned on the Northwest corner of the range, South of Lake Oswego. This created a superb fire break for the Lake Oswego area.

So before you go condemning people or actions, you might want to actually have some facts.......there's an old saying........."PUT THE BRAIN IN GEAR BEFORE ENGAGING THE MOUTH !"........or didn't you learn that while playing with your stocks????

never mind, wasn't listening to my own quote......

dogg57

Piney
Jan 22, 2007
Southern NJ
southjerseyphotos.com
Found this video on Utube You may or may not agree but its another view
An unusually productive partnership between the Air National Guard and the Pinelands Research Office of Drexel University as it helps preserve nature by limiting human traffic.