Road work

ecampbell

Piney
Jan 2, 2003
Last week I noticed work on Carranza Road to Friendship. Bull dozers, loader and comercial dump trucks with fill. At least it's compactable fill not sand which would just move again. A decient job way overdo. They also worked on the road from 532 @ Bordentown Gun Club to the little, but sturdy, bridge over the Skit near Batona Camp. No fill here, just flufed up the sand making it hard to steer. This morning we wanted to travel down Hawkin Road from Friendship to Hawkin Bridge but they were obviously working that. There was a loader with a big pile of fill at the town of Friendship. I think the pile was over one of the markers there, just to the right as you head south.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
They worked on the road from Friendship to Friendship Bogs last week and on Friday night Rob and I were the second vehicle down the road after they worked on it. I could tell because there were only one set of tracks on the fresh road. It was really hard for me to travel it in my car. Anyone without dirt road experience would have become stuck. The S turn at Friendship Bogs was a mess and it looks like they traveled up the granite monument road again.

Guy