Roberts Branch

ICANOE2

Explorer
Sep 30, 2007
Browns Mills
I bush whacked up the Roberts Branch in my canoe a few weeks ago, these are some of the pics from the trip. This is not your typical lazy river paddle. There's plenty of water for the boat but lots of fallen trees in the way. We only made it about 1.5 miles up in there and finally gave up because there was so many trees in the way.
You may ask what compelled me to go back up in there. I was searching on Google Earth and it looks like there is a lake that the Roberts flows from. I was trying to find the lake back up in the woods. Maybe it's only a swamp back there. Some day I'll go back and try to get further up in there. I'm always looking for that next secret pickerel fishing hole.
The entrance into the woods
15596Roberts_Branch_005-med.jpg

The obstacles
15596Roberts_Branch_008-med.jpg
15596Roberts_Branch_012-med.jpg

This tree made the whole trip worth the trouble
15596Roberts_Branch_014-med.jpg

There were many Sundews but only a few Pitcher plants
15596Roberts_Branch_016-med.jpg
15596Roberts_Branch_032-med.jpg

15596Roberts_Branch_033-med.jpg

Sometimes you find some strange things in the pines.
There were several bales of peat moss about a mile back into the woods next to the water. Heck of a spot for some gardening. LOL
They didn't have anything growing from them. I'm guessing they are a few years old, those plastic bales last for ever.
15596Roberts_Branch_017-med.jpg

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
That tree is worth it! That area looks like a place bobpbx would visit to find plants. Not the plants that others apparently went there for :)

Very nice photo's and thanks for the post.

Guy

ICANOE2

Explorer
Sep 30, 2007
Browns Mills
Great shot of that tree!Can I ask when you made this trip?

I think it was 3-4 weeks ago. No one has been up there in years at least by water. There was an over grown trail to the peat moss bales.
It would make a great canoeing creek if there were less obstacles. There was plenty of water for the canoe.

ICANOE2

Explorer
Sep 30, 2007
Browns Mills
Your all welcome!
It's amazing what you can see out there in a canoe, a different perspective than just hiking on land and less chance for chiggers.