Roberts Branch

whippoorbill

Explorer
Jul 29, 2003
Bridgeton
bbb.jpg

Roberts Branch was the area of choice today for 'poorbill and the Snapper (whips both). The former was full of confidence as he was jaunting around all zigzagged for the first time with a GPS in his hand. Snap still laid out the trip. I wouldn't recommend anyone try to visit the area without a GPS, or your body might be found somewhere in the vicinity of Carranza Road.

Roberts Branch fattens out nicely at our appointed start-up point, thanks to a beaver with an MBA in river damming.

aaa2.jpg

eee1.jpg

ddd1.jpg

The next photos were taken upstream, at one of our first way points (GPS lingo, Baby!). Of all the beautiful places we saw today, this won the prize. The MBA'd beaver lives in a finely constructed lodge not really see-able in both photos (left side of branch). There's also a duck blind here, which Snap enjoys the view from in the second photo.

fff1.jpg

ggg1.jpg

We saw no ducks, so I didn't shoot any.

Much miserable are you kidding me, Alfie? bushwhacking was involved with this trip. "I'm giving this stupid toy back to Santa!" But Snap always redeems himself.

kkk1.jpg

An example of his insanity.

We island hopped, of course. One ruled the roost. I'd live here.
lll1.jpg

mmm1.jpg

nnn1.jpg

Snap knows 'poorbill's happy.

These photos are only a few of several exposures snapped of Snap's posterior (not bad) as he led us on the longest leg of the journey. A meadow walk. We loves meadows, we do. (Note: Hardly a ray of sunshine during the afternoon today, which would have set these scenes ablaze.)

qqq1.jpg

ttt.jpg

www1.jpg

Unless there is a serious GPS malfunction (my one and Snap's half dozen worked fine), ones trip usually finishes where it began.

Welcome to the straight-tree portion of this display.
zaa1.jpg

zab1.jpg

zac.jpg

zad.jpg

zag.jpg

zaf.jpg

The survivors ...
whips.jpg

zal1.jpg

Good night,
Bill

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
Good photos boys. Looks like you had a good trip in an area PBX will visit next weekend...if the weather holds and the creek don't rise. I like the first and second photo best.

I was in the pine plains and Guy was over by atsion. We were all spread out today.

Oct 25, 2006
Looks like you guys had a rewarding and an exhausting day, nice photos.

Bill

Is your camera a canon digital rebel 350 ?

Jim

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com

whippoorbill

Explorer
Jul 29, 2003
Bridgeton
hey woodjin it looks like you got that beaver dam before we did but i see you missed the duck blind.it was on the same side of the creek and within sight of the lodge about 100 yards upstream unless that isn't the same beaver lodge.the one we seen was huge and had fresh black mud plastered all over it.
Alfie

Bonzai Kid,

Look at Jeff's linked pictures again. He saw and photographed the duck blind. Jeff's photos are great. We should drag one of our canoes up there and have a shooting session from the water's perspective. I'd like to do this on Skit Branch, too. Do GPSs work when you float?

Jim,

I'm pretty sure my camera is a Canon Rebel XT. X -- something, anyway. My wife bought it, I just use it. :)

Whip

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
These photos are only a few of several exposures snapped of Snap's posterior (not bad) as he led us on the longest leg of the journey. A meadow walk. We loves meadows, we do. (Note: Hardly a ray of sunshine during the afternoon today, which would have set these scenes ablaze.)

That does it! next summer I'm bushwackin in speedos!You think I'm sexy in camo?You ain't seen nothin yet!
Alfie

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
that duck blind sticks out plain as poop on the birds eye views.this birs eye is scary stuff.what if i was out there doin a two when they snapped that photo?That woulda outshone any of your photos whip.
Alfie