Rockwood visited, and a few "Then and Now" photo's

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
pinelandpaddler said:
Guy, could you give me the precise location of the rockwood ruins. I've been trying to figure out just where they are for a few weeks now, and am still at a loss. What are the black dots near the red x on this topomap? Are they part of rockwood?
http://www.topozone.com/map.asp?z=18&n=4394106.00011446&e=523761.000000001&datum=nad83

Thanks alot.

Gabe

Yes, that is the location of Rockwood. I originally thought it was somewhere else, but that appears to be in error. I will have more info on Rockwood hopefully later this year if I get lucky, and get around to doing something that I have not had time to do because of work. When and if I get around to it I will post.

As for what the buildings are, I would take an educated guess and say they were used in the storage and production of cranberries. The buildings in some way reminds me of the cranberry warehouse at Hampton Furnace. The addition on it was more than likely done by the owners there during Becks time and visit. The older section by the original owners of the bogs. Just a guess.

Guy

Rubibee

Scout
Dec 10, 2002
Moorestown, NJ
Then & Now photos

I've been a member on this board for quite some time now, and regretfully I have not posted a single thing yet. I love this board as it is always soooo informative in our exploration of the pines. I post more on the yahoo ghost town group. I am known there as letterboxingbee.

I am always amazed and in awe of all your then & now photos. I can't get over the destruction, the depletion, the vegatative overgrowth, the state letting things "go to pot" so to speak, and just the plain errosion over time. But I guess some things are just better left for nature to take back.

Thank you for posting your pictures. And to everyone else thank you for all your pics and bits of info too.

4WheelingBee

RE: Then & Now photos

4WheelingBee said:
I've been a member on this board for quite some time now, and regretfully I have not posted a single thing yet. I love this board as it is always soooo informative in our exploration of the pines. I post more on the yahoo ghost town group. I am known there as letterboxingbee.

I am always amazed and in awe of all your then & now photos. I can't get over the destruction, the depletion, the vegatative overgrowth, the state letting things "go to pot" so to speak, and just the plain errosion over time. But I guess some things are just better left for nature to take back.

Thank you for posting your pictures. And to everyone else thank you for all your pics and bits of info too.

4WheelingBee

WOW! Almost a 2 year lurk! :wink:
Glad you finally desided to post.

Steve

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
I am assuming your post is directed toward my Then and Now photo's, and I appreciate the kind words. I have noticed that all of your posts on the Ghosts Town boards have been positive. Glad to see you have continued that here.

I also noticed you are an APH fan. Do you explore in the woods around the hill much?

Guy