Rowan NJMap

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
I looked, and the way these additional lots are listed is just too inconsistent to cross-reference with the missing parcels (might be possible, but more work than I want to do).

Not gonna let myself off that easy... working on parsing the data in the additional lots field now, it's only 20 characters long. They actually have detailed rules for entering the lots in the user manual, but they haven't been followed very consistently (my favorite is the one that says "YO BUCK LANDSCAPING"). But there are 132,000 parcels with additional lots, so let's see how many I can match up.

Screen Shot 2023-03-12 at 8.32.35 PM.png

Reactions: bobpbx

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
...working on parsing the data in the additional lots field now, it's only 20 characters long.

Have gone as far with this as my sanity permits, it was quite a can of worms, I was only able to semi-automate the process. After three days I was able to match up a bunch of records in and around the state forests, WMA's and other openspace areas. The process was just too time-consuming to mess with other parts of the map.

My full 1.44 million record South Jersey dataset contains 326,000 parcels that don't have a corresponding tax record. I have identified 36,000 parcels that are "children" of other parcels plus another 28,000 that are part of the NJDEP openspace dataset for a total of 64,000 (about 20% of the missing parcels). It's amazing how many "children" some parcels have, perhaps 100 or more in some cases. I had to set some limits and only identified a maximum of 24 children for each parcel, all of which had to be part of the same block. There were 364 parcels that reached or exceeded that limit.

Here's an example of how these "missing links" will appear on the new site.

children.png