Saw on my travels today

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Since it is slow.

I was passing through Atco today on Route 30 and there was a house on fire just as I was passing. Flames were coming out the windows and up 10 feet over the house. I started to stop to get photo's and just then a cop pulled up and stopped me from stopping on the pike, so I didn't get photo's :(

I then traveled down Chew Road and saw a Turkey-Buzzard sunning itself. They are really big birds.

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/islandtee/IMG_4568.jpg

Guy

strom

Scout
Apr 24, 2004
barnegat. nj
hi guys,
talked to an old forest service worker in barnegat today.......said he noticed in his hunting deer, that he spotted a lot of wild turkeys.......i was told that they dont breed well in the pines...........too heavily brushed or something like that............has anyone ever seen any.........ill believe it when i start seeing some in my hiking area..........wells mills , horners land,and the boy scout land...........strom

Lorun

Explorer
Apr 10, 2004
Woolwich
Not sure if bieng to heavily brushed would make a difference. Except when they are hanging out in the farm fields , I have found the most tracks and seen actual turkeys in the deep swamps and heavily wooded areas.

woodjin

Piney
Nov 8, 2004
Near Mt. Misery
I've seen many wild turkeys. Greenwood wild life management area is filled with them. Also, there is a flock of about 20 of them living behind my house near Mount Misery. A friend of mine owns a horse farm in new egypt and he has them in his horse fields everday. Hey Strom, if you go up route 72 to rt 539 and make a right, then a left into Greenwood, drive around a bit and you will be sure to see some. they are pretty cool to see. I saw one in Greenwood one time with chicks (that is to say, I was alone but the turkey had chicks with it)

Jeff

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
woodjin said:
. they are pretty cool to see. I saw one in Greenwood one time with chicks

Jeff

So you were staring at the chicks :) Does your wife know that?

Guy