Say Hello to my little friend

Wick

Explorer
Mar 6, 2016
Forked River
Was out yesterday and came home with ticks on me. First ones for the season and I have been walking in brush most weekends.

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
Have had to fip several off me, caught them before they bit. Started about two weeks ago when we had a warm spell. This is on my own property in Atlantic County, walking on trails and some light brush.

Wick

Explorer
Mar 6, 2016
Forked River
Last year it seemed liked the ticks stayed out all winter. This year it was definitely colder and as bonus, snow to boot.

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Personally I'm ready for Spring, which is a good thing because it started at 11:33AM today! :dance: Did my first permethrin treatment a few days ago.

stiltzkin

Explorer
Feb 8, 2022
Medford
I wish I could do permethrin treatments, but I have cats and I am too worried for their safety. Maybe if I treated clothes that only get used outdoors, kept them stored in a bin in the garage, and washed them at the laundromat, something like that.

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
I have cats too but am not worried. I do the treatment outdoors and let my clothes dry in the sun. I only wear them when I go out and hang them in the closet when I take them off. I wash/dry them separately. I really don't think it's an issue, the cats never come in contact with them.

Last edited: