scanner/printer recomendation

ecampbell

Piney
Jan 2, 2003
I have a lot of slides and pictures to scan. This piece of equipment will loose its usefulness to me when the job is done because as of now I am digital. There are many choices available, too many, including printer scanners. I have an old Epson Perfection 1650, it does a nice job but wayyyyy too slow. I also scan documents which will be a continuing task. Anyone have a good one they want to recomend, sell or rent?

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
I have a lot of slides and pictures to scan. This piece of equipment will loose its usefulness to me when the job is done because as of now I am digital. There are many choices available, too many, including printer scanners. I have an old Epson Perfection 1650, it does a nice job but wayyyyy too slow. I also scan documents which will be a continuing task. Anyone have a good one they want to recomend, sell or rent?

I have both a flatbed, also a 1650, and a dedicated slide scanner, a Nikon CoolScan IV. Both work well but are painfully slow. Depending on on the number of slide to be scanned, I would farm out the slide scanning to a service as the prices for that have dropped dramatically. I only use the flatbed occasionally so speed is not an issue for me.