Seabreeze and Moore's Beach

B

BarryC

Yesterday I visited Seabreeze and Moore's Beach. Both of these are in Cumberland County on the Delaware Bay.
Seabreeze has got to be the coolest place where people live that I've been to yet. Ben- I think you've been there. Am I right? I know someone on this site has. I think I've seen pictures. Seabreeze is at the end of Seabreeze Road off of Back Neck Road (601 I think), off of 553 in Fairfield Township. At the end of Seabreeze Road you can only go left. That is Beach Avenue, which is only a one-lane dirt/gravel road, with old concrete highway barriers along the right side of it to keep it from washing into the Bay. About 20 or 30 feet out from the road are old pilings from a bulkhead that no longer exists.
Along the left side of the road there are many houses, which are very close to the road. There were people home at most of them. At the end of the road you have to either back up or turn around in someone's "driveway", such as it is.
Moore's Beach is down near Thompson's Beach. There is nothing left of it except bits and pieces of old brick, asphalt, concrete, glass and cinder block on the beach at the end of the road. And one section of the road has huge mud holes on it, but I got through all of them without a problem. They just look scary.
I need to do some research and find out something about these 2 places.
Barry