seabreeze will be no more

Oct 25, 2006
Thanks for posting this, i'll have to make that my next stop in my travels, Greenwich is on my agenda also.

Jim

Furball1

Explorer
Dec 11, 2005
Florida
Question

Quote from above article:

"This is the DEP - they're supposed to be protecting wildlife," said Fariello, land manager for Wildlife Preserves Inc., a nonprofit land-conservation organization that owns 2,800 acres in the township, including several vacant lots on Beach Avenue. "This wall is actually hurting wildlife."

Who is "Wildlife Preserves, Inc." ?????

davensj

Explorer
Apr 8, 2004
The Real South Jersey
Don’t know if it really has anything to do with wildlife. A few years ago the state of NJ put in a new sea wall because the old one was washing away and the road was going with it and the houses would be next to go. The new wall they put in is caving in now and the state I guess don’t want to fix there screw up. So they’ll just buy the homeowner’s out to get them off there back.
I got 6 or 7 pics from today, but couldn`t get them to upload.

Mts83

Explorer
Oct 24, 2008
Sourland Mountains
www.wtfda.info
Quote from above article:

"This is the DEP - they're supposed to be protecting wildlife," said Fariello, land manager for Wildlife Preserves Inc., a nonprofit land-conservation organization that owns 2,800 acres in the township, including several vacant lots on Beach Avenue. "This wall is actually hurting wildlife."

Who is "Wildlife Preserves, Inc." ?????

I don't know too much about them, but I know they own a lot of the land around the Goose Ponds near me (South Egg Harbor) too. As far as I know they allow the public to access the land.

Mts83

Explorer
Oct 24, 2008
Sourland Mountains
www.wtfda.info
And speaking of Seabreeze, I took a drive out there on Saturday but was stopped by all the flooding. While sitting there trying to decide if I wanted to chance going through salt water a large pickup with PA plates came up next to me and asked if I knew anything about where the road went. I gave him the little story about Seabreeze, and then he continued on. I saw he only got as far as the bend in the road before he came back though, telling me that the road was inpassable even for his truck with mag wheels. Needless to say, I only got to see Seabreeze from a distance that day.

Attachments

• IMG_8506.jpg
    IMG_8506.jpg
    185.5 KB · Views: 316

pineywoman

Explorer
Aug 24, 2012
I visited Sea Breeze last month. Gorgeous place. I will upload photos. The lifeguard stand and the beach are still there. A few homes intact. However, all the homes on the street with the fire. Nothing remains... But a shed and back bay decks. It really is a sight and beauty to see. It did look like at least one person still lived Sea Breeze which I thought was very odd. I thought the whole town was bought out.