Service station on the Red Lion Circle?

Tinybutfierce

Jul 9, 2019
Southampton
Based on some of the comments from the thread, a few of you folks may have walked right past my house. Towards the end of the thread, I saw mention of a map that showed a service station to the West and another to the East of Davis Grove. I wonder if the former owner of our house was mistaken and that we’re actually in one of those stations next to Davis Grove and not by the Red Lion Circle.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Based on some of the comments from the thread, a few of you folks may have walked right past my house. Towards the end of the thread, I saw mention of a map that showed a service station to the West and another to the East of Davis Grove. I wonder if the former owner of our house was mistaken and that we’re actually in one of those stations next to Davis Grove and not by the Red Lion Circle.

It could be. Easy to move just a few hundred feet. Maybe you are the Davis Grove station.

Tinybutfierce

Jul 9, 2019
Southampton
2v84gtg.jpg

Hopefully the picture shows up. This is from before my husband bought the house. It would have been the shop front back in the day. The windows are enormous. Much bigger than I’ve seen on a traditional house

Tinybutfierce

Jul 9, 2019
Southampton
33z4obt.jpg

This is the other side of the room. The spot within the aqua colored half circle is where a section of flooring had been cut to accommodate something when it was a service station and then replaced again. The rug in the picture is covering the oil stain.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
That third photo with the writing does appear to be the persons who built it. They should have written their full name. Disapointing!