Shooting

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
All,

I took my other daughter shooting today with the men we work with and one of their friends. I compiled a bunch of short videos of her first time with a gun. She shot 28 and 20 gage. The 20 is when she makes faces.

Guy

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
I hold the gun slightly different than most people, and because of that it butts up against my arm. This is from Monday, and today, a week later, it is worse than this.

IMG_4789.JPG

Guy

Hewey

Piney
Mar 10, 2005
Pinewald, NJ
That is a Nasty bruise! I have had a bruised shoulder from shooting my 12 ga. with 3.5" magnum loads.

Looks like you had a good time.

We have to do the PBX shooting trip that we have spoke about.

Chris

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
She is a natural, just needs to work on her stance a bit and get her head down, then start on some clay birds. That is one nice bruise you have, would hate to see the result of a 10 ga. :) The first time I fired my .300 Win Mag I thought my arm came out of its socket, after a couple of shots it was numb enough that I didn't feel a thing and later the colors were just gorgeouos :D

Bob, shotguns came in 8, 10, 12, 16, 20 & 28 gauge. The .410 is measured differently and is the bore diameter. The 8 is virtually non-existent, the 10 fairly rare, but the 28 still has a following.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
The men I work with have a schedule, and we will be going every month this year. Jessica wants to shoot a gun also, so if we set up a PBX shooting trip I will purchase some of the shells for it so she can have her first time at it if you let her use your gun(s). Lets try to make that happen.

Guy

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
I was about 10 when my dad taught me how to shoot a 12 gauge.he kept handing 2.5 inch magnums and i was doing good.then he slipped me a different colored shell that felt a little heavier and he sorta grinned when he did it.when i pulled the trigger i ended up with my glasses cockeyed and a bruised shoulder.he laughed his rear portion off that day.he then told me he slipped me a three inch and that was his way of telling me to tighten the gun up to my shoulder better.a couple years later he figgered i had enough weight to keep me on the ground he let me try the 10 gauge.It rocked me but left no bruise.I remembered the tighten up lesson:)
Al

Hewey

Piney
Mar 10, 2005
Pinewald, NJ
Jessica wants to shoot a gun also, so if we set up a PBX shooting trip I will purchase some of the shells for it so she can have her first time at it if you let her use your gun(s). Lets try to make that happen.

No problem. I can bring a few different guns. If Scott is in on it and we shoot at his club I can also bring a .270 and a 30-30 beside shotguns. If we go to a state range where you can not use rifles I can bring a couple 12 ga. and a 20 ga. . We could shoot some clay birds and I will also bring my slug gun.

Chris

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
No problem. I can bring a few different guns. If Scott is in on it and we shoot at his club I can also bring a .270 and a 30-30 beside shotguns. If we go to a state range where you can not use rifles I can bring a couple 12 ga. and a 20 ga. . We could shoot some clay birds and I will also bring my slug gun.

Chris

Sounds good. We just need to decide the best way to do this.

Guy