Short Course

Old Crazy

Explorer
Oct 13, 2007
Stinking Creek, NJ
I attended the short course at Burlington County College on Saturday and thoroughly enjoyed it. You get to choose five (one hour) classes out of the 30-40 classes they offer. My choices were:

1) Primitive Survival (survival course)

2) Voices In The Pines (taught by book author Karen Riley)

3) Fish (species native to the pinelands and the condition of their habitat)

4) Secrets of Plants (of the pinelands)

5) Piney Lifestyles (pinelands culture)

I thought the instructors were all well versed on their topic and each gave an in depth, informative and interesting presentation. It only costs $30 for the day and I would definitely recommend it. This event is pretty well attended so if you plan on going next year you should sign up early when registration begins in January to avoid being shut out of courses that are filled.

Nov 12, 2007
atlantic county
Not too late for Stockton College Environmental Forum and its FREE

im a day late and dollar short like usual. ill try to get on mailing list for next year.
TY
KK

I was involved with the Enviromental Forum for a few years while I was attending Stockton. This year the forum is Saturday April 10. Last year it was $5.00 I think it is free this year and it includes lunch. :muffin: I will post more information when I can

Nov 12, 2007
atlantic county
Blurb about forum

The Richard Stockton College of New Jersey Environmental Forum (Posted: 3-19-10)

The Ninth Annual Environmental Education Forum, sponsored by Water Watch Energy Corps, will be held at The Richard Stockton College of New Jersey on Saturday, April 10, 2010. This year's forum is solution oriented, with the theme of "Energy Conservation & Community Organization!.

Over past years, our nation has begun to comprehend that non-renewable energy resources exasperate our climate crisis. As a result, we have begun a stage of transition from our dependency on oil and coal to clean, renewable energy sources. With the Federal Government planning to encourage clean energy alternatives through funding and tax rebates, environmental programs in New Jersey have an unparalleled opportunity to become leaders in the movement toward alternative energy. In the past the annual forum has focused on educating community members and students on positive opportunities which could be implemented in individuals homes and communities. This years forum will challenge students and community members to embrace the alternative energy sources and take action in transforming our country into a sustainable society through using renewable energy sources.

There are two 45 minute workshop sessions throughout the day. The first session is in the morning starting at 10:30 a.m. lasting until 11:15 a.m. The second session is from 2:10 p.m. until 2:55 p.m.

This daylong event will begin with an opening ceremony and quick rundown of the agenda. The remainder of the day will include the various workshops and panel discussions as well as an address from our keynote speaker. Paul Gallagher, the Vice President and General Counsel of Atlantic County Utilities Authority. He is also the Project Manager for the Jersey Atlantic Wind Farm, the first coastal, urban wind farm in New Jersey. We are expecting a large audience of college students and community groups across New Jersey.

Eileen Gentile
Forum Coordinator
609-204-4443

NJPIRG Energy Service Corps is a joint project of the New Jersey Public Interest Research Group (NJPIRG) and AmeriCorps, based on five college campuses across the state. We work to increase energy efficiency in local communities through service and education. Our student volunteers are taking time during their weekend; socialize, but to make a difference in the community. We want to take this opportunity to show residents how they can save money by saving energy.