Short Day Today

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Jessica and myself only spent a short while in the barrens today and we checked on a few plants. At our first location right off of Carranza we found the yellow orchids that are trying to survive in a growing dense area. Almost 10 years ago mulptiple orchids were growing at this location but today we only saw two. More may be there but we did not find them. The location needs to be mowed.

IMG_8343a.jpg

Then we revisited a morning glory spot where we were not able to find them for a couple years. Today I noticed a clump of them were growing about 10 feet from where they previously did. I was happy to see them.

IMG_8351a.jpg

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
The old concrete bridges on Route 70 all have Route 40 incised on them. You can't see it because the state has placed guard rails in front of the bridges. However, near Chairville just east of the WaWa they have removed the guard rail to add sidewalks on the bridge, and if you go there soon you can view them.

IMG_8361a.jpg

IMG_8365a.jpg

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
This shows the sidewalks they are making. I checked out the bridge and this one does not have incised letters on it.

IMG_8358a.jpg

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Also, we drove out to Carranza road this morning and got out of our vehicle and came face to face with a huge black racer that started toward Jessica. It quickly changed it's mind and was gone.