shows

dragoncjo

Piney
Aug 12, 2005
camden county
Anyone else find those shows depressing. I've never been to one but have seen pictures of dozens of turtles jammed in 20 gallon aquariums. I just question what alot of those breeders are trying to accomplish. Its no wonder why I don't see any box turtles in the wild there all in someones glass aquarium at a reptile show. I'm sure some of those breeders are good guys and strictly work with captive breeding but I personally can't go to those reptile shows.

Krloucks

Explorer
Oct 22, 2005
Bensalem, Pa
www.krloucks.com
True, some of those shows possibly contribute to the decline of some species by allowing less than reputable dealers to pawn animals as "captive born". It is up to the consumer to help dissuade these folks by not purchasing animals that are not truly captive born. But, that's another rant...There are also very good and respected breeders out there who assist the hobby by supplying only captive bred specimens that you or I may never see in the wild.
k

snakesoldiers22

Oct 8, 2005
[ Its no wonder why I don't see any box turtles in the wild there all in someones glass aquarium at a reptile show]

if your looking to find box turtles there all over millville or specifically laurel lake, i think usually spring time

Krloucks

Explorer
Oct 22, 2005
Bensalem, Pa
www.krloucks.com
I can usually come up with one or two box turtles every trip into the pines... and as for the show, There was one tank with florida box turtles in it.... I have only found two in the wild in florida so now I know where they are going....