Snake

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Let me tell you Bob's secret.

He spends more time than you can imagine exploring the deepest parts of the swamps and rivers in the Lacey township area, and I will put money on it he knows them better than anyone alive. That is no exaggeration! With a "passion for "flowers" he returns home exhausted, almost passing out at times from his adventures. Obviously, his chances of finding snakes or anything for that matter are much higher than most herpers could ever imagine.

Guy

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
TeeGate said:
Let me tell you Bob's secret.

He spends more time than you can imagine exploring the deepest parts of the swamps and rivers in the Lacey township area, and I will put money on it he knows them better than anyone alive. That is no exaggeration! With a "passion for "flowers" he returns home exhausted, almost passing out at times from his adventures. Obviously, his chances of finding snakes or anything for that matter are much higher than most herpers could ever imagine.

Guy

The time spent does increase the chances, that is for sure. On the King Snake, I lost my GPS, so went back to find it, and found the snake by chance. The GPS was underwater for 20 minutes. I found it cause the lanyard was floating. Works fine!

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
They say they will keep the water out. I took my old one apart when it would not work, and it was tight for sure.

Guy

uuglypher

Explorer
Jun 8, 2005
Estelline, SD
bobpbx said:
Found this guy in the cedar swamp today. Very docile. Let me pick him up and all. Eastern King Snake, right?

http://forums.njpinebarrens.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10011/MVC-003S.JPG

Nice king and a very nice shot! I must admit that I'm in awe of how many digital cameras can make the very best of difficult lighting situations - such as this one. Your shot proves that not every close-up requires flash! In fact, I think this shot is a far more effective rendering of the natural scene than it would have been with flash. Way to go!

Dave