Snapper Soup

kayak karl

Explorer
Sep 18, 2008
Swedesboro, NJ
my Dad was talking about snapper soup last night. i thought i'd take up a pint. he lives in Pa now. where can i get some homemade Snapper soup.
my Dad is still a little upset i told my sister it was made from turtles. she thought it was made from those little turtles from Woolworth's :) he had to eat it in the basement so she wouldn't see him.

Thank You
KK

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
my Dad was talking about snapper soup last night. i thought i'd take up a pint. he lives in Pa now. where can i get some homemade Snapper soup.
my Dad is still a little upset i told my sister it was made from turtles. she thought it was made from those little turtles from Woolworth's :) he had to eat it in the basement so she wouldn't see him.

Thank You
KK

You can get Bookbinders version in the can at Shoprite, at least at the one near me. Might try Alans Clam Bar in New Gretna. If they don't make it they might be able to point you in the right direction.

woodjin

Piney
Nov 8, 2004
Near Mt. Misery

Thank You
KK

They have snapper soup at the half way house in chatsworth. I don't know if it is canned or not. They serve it with sherry. It is pretty good.

Jeff