Snow in the Pines

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Very nice shots! There was more snow there than here.

Thanks for posting them. Nice camera!

Guy

They are nice shots. What camera and what settings did you use?
I got out there but did not have as much luck.
Not a great shot but this is what I found when I got to Penn Swamp on Quaker Bridge Rd.

normal_P1150166.JPG

There were fresh tracks so someone was able to get by earlier but I guess they got heavy with snow falling from the higher trees.

Steve

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
Those are really pretty shots. Yeah, we got more snow than I was expecting here in Medford, close to 4" at my place. It was pretty amazing with the strong winds whipping it around Saturday night. My daughter was out late and they saw lightning during the snow storm which freaked them out. I was out on Sunday and that wind felt like it would cut right through you!

Between the forecast rain and mid 50 degree temperatures, the snow ought to be nothing more than a memory by this Wednesday though!

RMICKLE

Scout
Oct 3, 2005
Carson City, NV
Thanks, I use an Olympus C-750 with the outdoor setting. I also use Photoshop Elements for color correction otherwise the photos get a little washed out and dull with all the snow.

After taking the photo on the dam I had to turn around and go near the General Store to warm up out of the wind.

I had to stick to the wider roads to be able to get through with all the trees being weighed down with snow. Even Batsto - Washington Road was reduced to a single lane as you can see in the photo.

LongIslandPiney

Explorer
Jan 11, 2006
Wow!:D

We didn't get nearly as much snow here on Long Island. I was out in the pines today, there was maybe an inch or two on the ground and not much on the trees. We didn't get any of the heavy, wet snow. Heavy, wet snow is the best for the snow covered pines. I'm amazed everytime, those pines can hold alot of snow! Spectacular photos!!

LongIslandPiney

Explorer
Jan 11, 2006
Here's some of my photos from yesterday, in the Ridge/Lake Panamoka area
More can be seen in my "Long Island" gallery here.

pmk5.jpg

bhs4.jpg

LongIslandPiney

Explorer
Jan 11, 2006
SNOW in the LI Pines

It's not alot, but we got some snow. Trails were easy to walk on, with just a light snow cover. But the roads were very icy.

bhs3.jpg

bhs2.jpg

bhs1.jpg