Snow

LongIslandPiney

Explorer
Jan 11, 2006
How much did everyone get? I got about 2 inches, the roads are real slippery out there. Too bad its changing to rain and will be washed away tomorrow, because it'd be nice to see some snowy scenes in the pines.

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
I was out in the car this afternoon on Rt 30 around 3:30PM when it started. At first there were some light snowflakes, but it quickly turned to rain within 15 minutes. It was 28 degrees at the time and my windsheild started icing up until I turned on the defroster.

Temperature has steadily risen since then and it's just rain. No measurable accumulation at all down south.... and that's just fine with me :) 9:15PM now and the thermometer on the front porch says 36 degrees.

Here's a handy site which displays data from peoples' personal weather stations on a Google Map:

http://www.wunderground.com/stationmaps/gmap.asp?zip=08330&wmo=99999

That link shows my zip code, but enter any location you like in the box at the top right where it says "Select a Location", then click on the link(s) in the search results displayed immediately below that and it will re-draw the map. Right now it looks like the dividing line for freezing temperatures is somewhere around Berlin NJ...

Apr 6, 2004
Galloway
I took my dogs for a walk in the woods today. One of them, my beloved Bearded Collie, got spooked by something (he's easily unnerved by certain sounds) and jolted into the thickets. He was nowhere to be found. I searched for him until sun down. I thought I'd lose him to the cold. Thanks God the people around these parts are good-natured. The gentleman, a woodsman himself, who rescued him even insisted on driving the icy roads to bring me my dog. I tried to reward him with some brewskies, but he declined. Sometimes life's okay. :)

Oct 25, 2006
I took my dogs for a walk in the woods today. One of them, my beloved Bearded Collie, got spooked by something (he's easily unnerved by certain sounds) and jolted into the thickets. He was nowhere to be found. I searched for him until sun down. I thought I'd lose him to the cold. Thanks God the people around these parts are good-natured. The gentleman, a woodsman himself, who rescued him even insisted on driving the icy roads to bring me my dog. I tried to reward him with some brewskies, but he declined. Sometimes life's okay. :)

A happy ending indeed, great news.

Jim

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002

Glad to hear all is well.

Guy