Some 2011 finds

Bobbleton

Explorer
Mar 12, 2004
NJ
I haven't posted in a while, but I've certainly been around. 2011 has been a good year to me so far . . . here are a few things:

Fence Lizard
_MG_6189.jpg

you don't see this all too often . . .
IMG_6167.jpg

Carpenter frog
_MG_6318.jpg

The ever-famous rough green snake
_MG_6632.jpg

Adorable baby bunny
_MG_6756.jpg

Pine Snake eating (a different) adorable baby bunny
_MG_2651.jpg

Less-than-native Yellow Pitcher Plants growing wild
_MG_6301.jpg

One day I'll get this shot in a huge pitch pine . . .
IMG_6195.jpg

Northern gray treefrog before and after:
Before.
_MG_6974.jpg

After.
_MG_6927.jpg

And of course I could never exclude the pine barrens favorite . . .

_MG_6585.jpg

_MG_6544-2.jpg

More to come later in the year I'm sure . . . Hope you enjoyed.

-Bob

Reactions: PancoastDrifter

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Great photo's! I love seeing green snakes, and it is nice to see the Pitcher plant growing well. I know of 2 locations and one is barely hanging on it appears. The other is doing quite well.

Thanks for sharing.

Guy

joc

Explorer
May 27, 2010
Wall, NJ
Awesome Post Bob !! The Pine in the( Pine ) tree is incredible !!:cool: To me Carpenter frogs are very under-rated , they always look as if they are smiling .
Joe

Bobbleton

Explorer
Mar 12, 2004
NJ
Thanks Guy -I think there are more sites out there than any one person knows. As for this one, its doing well. The plant in question is not the largest of several large healthy plants in a small area. Of course its filthy with the usual natives as well.
They were flowering at the time . . .
_MG_6305.jpg

Joe - thanks - because of my job I'm fortunate enough to see this behavior (as well as some other less-frequent pine snake tendencies) a few times a year. Admittedly, the circumstances aren't always conducive to photos I'd care to share with anyone. To me amphibians are underrated in general; they may be less complex behaviorally than other groups, but stunning physiological adaptations more than make up for it in my book.