Some bikes and ATV sales banned.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
anybody here about this ban by the Feds?

"The Consumer Protection Safety Commission (CPSC) introduced a broad sweeping stay (prohibition) with the Feb. 10 release of the Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act (CPSIA) of 2008, which impacts a large spectrum of the economy, not just mini bikes. All two-wheeled 85cc and below mini bikes, and the 90cc Polaris four-wheeled quads, must be pulled from the showroom floor."

Aaron

Explorer
Jul 29, 2007
so now you know what I'm gonna have to do? put my son on a larger ATV. Just another way of the government trying to be a better parent than me:bang::bang:

We need less government for sure.

I hope to some day teach my son to ride when he is old enough, and when i can get some land to ride on. Its crazy how young some kids that ride are. :)

omega

Explorer
Don;t have time to read the legalese right now, and this may not be the same thing, but I heard a parts manufacturer complaining on the radio about how new rules say if the product is marketed to children, it must comply with Lead regulations. Must be tested by 3 independent labs, which the gov has not identified yet. for this company the costs of those tests would equal one years gross income.

So let's be safe out there: don't let your kids stick their ATV in their mouth!

Status
Not open for further replies.