Some NJ Finds Yesterday

uuglypher

Explorer
Jun 8, 2005
Estelline, SD
Yeah, Brandon; those are great shots ... so were those of the squirrel ...

For a guy humbly "... trying to improve (his) technique..." you certainly have caught on surprisingly well to controlling depth-of-field to isolate your subject from its background. I think you've quite a bit more photography experience than you're lettin' on ...
or were you just ... lucky?

Yes, Brandon, that is a red-tailed hawk - from the pallid yellow of the iris inferior to the pupil I'd guess this is it's first year sporting a brick-red tail. That's one helluva shot! Were you in a blind? What was your lens?

Dave

NJSnakeMan

Explorer
Jun 3, 2004
Atlantic County
no, as you can see from a post i made a couple weeks ago from camping, the pictures do not compare to those photos of my present ones. I just purchased this digital and had it for about 2 weeks. Yesterday was my first day out in the field with it though. But yes i am very impressed with the shots. I thought about entering a photo in for the animal planet photo contest, but i do not know where to send it to or the guidlines. anybody heard about this?

uuglypher

Explorer
Jun 8, 2005
Estelline, SD
Well, I checked out the Olympus c-725 and from your pics I'm really impressed with its tele (8x optical) and it maco abilities. Looks like a great buy for someone who wants to move up from a low megapixel oldie and doesn't need to make photo quality prints much larger than 5x7 or maybe up to 8x10 with the "unsharp" filter in Photoshop!

Why limit yourself to the Animal Planet photo contest? Check out the NJ State Arts Council for a calendar of juried and/or judged photography shows in your area. That dragonfly shot is a "real pip"! (as my Grandad used to say)

Dave