Some pictures in the Pine Barrens

summerbug23

May 21, 2007
New Brunswick, NJ
Dear everyone,

I have been studying wildlife in the Pine Barrens for about two years. I never knew there is such a cool forum until today! I really enjoy those pictures posted here. I do have some pictures to share! Hope you like them.

Attachments

• Cedar Waxwing2small.jpg
    Cedar Waxwing2small.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 230

Sue Gremlin

Piney
Sep 13, 2005
Vicksburg, Michigan
Dear everyone,

I have been studying wildlife in the Pine Barrens for about two years. I never knew there is such a cool forum until today! I really enjoy those pictures posted here. I do have some pictures to share! Hope you like them.
That's a Cedar Waxwing. I didn't know they were seen in NJ. (I am certainly no birder by any stretch).

summerbug23

May 21, 2007
New Brunswick, NJ
Yes, cedar waxwings are around in the Pine Barrens. Actually they should have just came back from migration. They are very abundant in the Pine Barrens from June to September.

More pictures
A very cute racoon I came across last year. He was trying to hide behind a tree, poking a head out to look at me!

Attachments

• Picture 003small.jpg
    Picture 003small.jpg
    166.8 KB · Views: 220

piker56

Explorer
Jan 13, 2006
Winslow
Cedar Waxwings like to eat berrys. We have a flowering crab apple tree in our yard where the "apples" are the size of a cranberry. We get a lot of Waxwings when the berrys are out in the fall. My wife and I always watch for them.

dragoncjo

Piney
Aug 12, 2005
camden county
I like the kestrel, see alot of those out at whitesbog in the winter. Nice pictures. If you open up a photobucket account, you can download all your pics on there. Then just checkmark the ones you want and go to the bottom of the page and hit generate html code, then just click and paste. Welcome to the forum

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Green Heron

By the way, is there a way that I could post more than one photos each time?

Yes. We have new software here for that. Go to the below link and in the Members Galleries you can set up a Galley and post as many as you want. There is a help link on the right when you get to the Members Galleries to help you set it up. If you need specify help post back or PM me and I will see what I can do.

http://gallery.njpinebarrens.com/

Just to let you know, you must use this link. If you go to the Members Gallery from the main page and post your photo's, they may be deleted when Ben switches over completely to the new software. Also, try to shrink your photo's to 800x600 when you post them to keep them manageable. If you need to have one or so bigger that is fine, just not all of them.

Guy

Oct 25, 2006
Thank you for posting these fine pics,you learn something new everyday here on the website,it looks like the racoon is striking up a pose for you,really liked that.

summerbug23

May 21, 2007
New Brunswick, NJ
Thanks for your replies!

Hi everybody, Thanks for all your replies. I go to the Pine Barrens very often to do my research and it's really a pleasure to share these photos with you. Hope they would bring some joy to your life.

The last picture of today: hooded mergenser (taken in the Parker Preserve)

I changed this picture to 600X800, let me know if it's the right format or not (I am a big photoshop idiot so I have to make sure it's the right way to change it :))

Summerbug

Attachments

• Hooded merganser small.jpg
    Hooded merganser small.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 185