Some Pie for the Teens

LARGO

Piney
Sep 7, 2005
Pestletown
So hey cool,
My 13 year old brings home a slip for me to sign off on. Day trip (Earth science) with his class departing from Hammonton and winding up at.... Apple Pie Hill Tower. I had to sign off on his being allowed to go up. I did so without pause (before I could give mom a chance to think on it) and told him to enjoy! It will be quite an experience for him and the view he gets he can keep for himself for years to come. I believe the tour is being led by Joel Mott?
I told Sammy "no bringing up monitors to drop from the tower!!!" He would never. He is a die hard, hands on brave follower of the Wharton clean up.
(Gosh Bob I can still remember you toting a much younger version of Sam across a marshy field)
Time do fly brother.
Till now the Earth science trip was always at Batso on World Water Monoring Day
(Terri, remember When Layne's class came and I was with "chaperoning" 4 years ago?)
Time do fly girl.
Well, maybe some might think it is not good to bring more attention to it but... These kids care and will see how valuable it is to keep this and other areas of interest in the Pines clean and safe. Sammy even has a little "Pines" Knowledge advantage and will enoy this all the more. I think it is cool as all get out.

Hope he gets some pictures.
Peace,

g.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
For 19 years my mom drove a school bus in Cherry Hill and she told me where Brooksbrea was after taking a class trip there. I was new to the pines and did not know where anything was. So schools are important in teaching the kids and someone like me about the pines.

Guy

LARGO

Piney
Sep 7, 2005
Pestletown
He is smart Bob, too smart, and much to my woes, too danged good looking. Add that to a significant amount of musical talent and I am just as worried about some young girls' dads knockin' on my door with a gun as much as I be huntin' after the lads over Layne. Who knew?
Newsflash... they need 3 more chaperones, I've been put as an option since I did trips before and.... and Batsto with Layne, with the same Earth science teacher. I am close to a shoe in. We are emailing tomorrow.
She still remembers when I see her how when we walked in Batsto and this crazy Park lady came out huggin' and makin' a fuss.
(No names... ) The teacher was like "just who are you anyway?" I said, just a dad. Who happens to stop in now and then.

g.

turtle

Explorer
Feb 4, 2009
a village...in the pines
She still remembers when I see her how when we walked in Batsto and this crazy Park lady came out huggin' and makin' a fuss.
(No names... ) The teacher was like "just who are you anyway?" I said, just a dad. Who happens to stop in now and then.

g.

Somehow I can't imagine the Apple Pie guy huggin' and fussin'..... but you never know. I hope the view is clear and beautiful for you. Make sure Sammy has a camera! Who knows, perhaps he'll post his visit there on this site in 40 years or so! ...sharing what great stories he learned from his dear ol' dad.....

Terry

YETI

Scout
Mar 11, 2007
Berlin
Hope the two of you along with the class has alot of fun. I know you will indeed. Damn, Sammy's 13. Holy crap time does fly by. Just curious, what was the date of this trip?

LARGO

Piney
Sep 7, 2005
Pestletown
Welcome back YETI... been some time since we spoke. Yes time passes quickly as we get older my friend.

Chrisr and YETI,
The 15th, Tuesday, May.

g.

piker56

Explorer
Jan 13, 2006
Winslow
Ah, to be a kid in the pines again. Time sure do fly! My wife used to teach science. Their best trip was always to the pines with a ranger.

LARGO

Piney
Sep 7, 2005
Pestletown
Haven't really remembered to post this.
So Monday I email the teach... "Are gonna do this gig or what?, Weather's looking tempermental"
She did not have the official go ahead on the weather thing for Tuesday.
So I says "Climbing up a 60 foot tall steel structure in a lightening storm... Bring it on"
Needless to say it was moved up to the 22nd.
She was not allowed to create crispy 13 year olds.
I say it would have made men out of the boys, and the girls well, they might have surprised us all.
Teenage girls today ain't no joke. Trust me I got one. Scary stuff. I'd take the tower.

g.