some pretty cool old paper work

turtle

Explorer
Feb 4, 2009
a village...in the pines
OK....back on topic questions....see post #11 from Scott illustrating fishing and hunting limits. Under fishing it lists Oswego Bass and Calico Bass. Not being terribly familiar with freshwater fish, I don't believe that I've heard of these species. Can anyone elaborate ? Both names are connected with local areas, are the species named for that connection? Also interesting are the permissible requirements for deer harvest ~ only those having horns visible above the hair. Does were not permitted to be harvested? Four days of "season"? hmmm. Nice collection of papers. Pilgrim Lake Nearby Attractions: "...forgotton towns of the fabled Pinelands"

Terry

Dtoy - yes, same place
Guy - yes, same family

oji

Piney
Jan 25, 2008
Browns Mills
Terry, i grew up saying Calico Bass instead of Crappie and Pickeral were called Pike around these here parts of jersey. It wasn't until later on that I learned the real names, but a Calico still tastes a little better than a Crappie!

RednekF350

Piney
Feb 20, 2004
Pestletown, N.J.
Terry, i grew up saying Calico Bass instead of Crappie and Pickeral were called Pike around these here parts of jersey. It wasn't until later on that I learned the real names, but a Calico still tastes a little better than a Crappie!
Crappie is far from crappy in the eating department !