sonars & digging

suresue592003

Explorer
Apr 4, 2004
Browns Mills, NJ
Someone told me a story of helicopters that fly over the pinelands and use sonars to locate where the soil has been disturbed. Thus if anyone decides to bury a body someone else will know exactly where to go. I have never heard of this and it surely sounds far fetched to me. Does anyone know of anything close to what I discribed here?

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Even if they do have this equipment, I don’t see them using it to find bodies. There is just too many places in the pines where the ground is being disturbed every day. How would they know which one to dig up? And the cost would be enormous.

Guy

suresue592003

Explorer
Apr 4, 2004
Browns Mills, NJ
I doesn't make sense to me either. What about the farmers plowing the earth? How could it be distinguished? What would be the purpose of this operation anyway? And you are right about the cost and man power involved. I hope more people respond here. I would like to know more if there is more to know.
Even if they do have this equipment, I don’t see them using it to find bodies. There is just too many places in the pines where the ground is being disturbed every day. How would they know which one to dig up? And the cost would be enormous.

Guy