South Jersey Magazine June Issue: Jersey Devil

Did anyone else read the article in the June issue of South Jersey Magazine about the lady who traced her heritage back to Mother Leeds?

My mom saved it for me, but then forgot that she saved it for me and tossed it...

I think they have copies at CVS, in Cherry Hill, I'll have to go and see...

B

bach2yoga

Thanks for the heads up! We're big JD fans over here.
Kristen just did a 4H public speaking contest and the JD was her topic (one of her fave topics). She sang Russ Jeulg's song "I'm the Devil from Leeds". She did really well, and won a trip to Philly with the historical society.
Renee

B

BarryC

There's a man in Leeds Point who's in his 60s or so, who claims to be a direct descendant of Mother Leeds. His name is Harry Leeds. He is/was some sort of politician in Galloway Township. He now works at Seaview, where I work, for the free golf. I don't know him, but I know who he is. He once was interviewed for several tv spots on the Jersey Devil, along with Joanne Leuter (spelling?), who runs Leut's Jersey Devil page on the internet. That is if I'm remembering correctly. Actually I think he joined her and her people on a Jersey Devil hunt.
I'll pick up that issue of SJ Magazine if I can find it. I'm trying to remember who sells it.
Tom & Don's News Agency in Egg Harbor City used to carry it, I think, but since it was taken over by Indians, a lot has changed.

MikeBickerson said:
Did anyone else read the article in the June issue of South Jersey Magazine about the lady who traced her heritage back to Mother Leeds?

My mom saved it for me, but then forgot that she saved it for me and tossed it...

I think they have copies at CVS, in Cherry Hill, I'll have to go and see...