Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
a 4:30pm +/-

Reactions: manumuskin

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
If you watched that you really have to be suspicious of the 15 second video loss and then mysteriously the first stage had landed on the barge. It is as if they wanted to make sure it landed so they filmed it before hand to make sure that is what you saw. For all we know it landed in the ocean.

I am never suspicious of these launches but that one made me wonder if we have been duped.

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
The landing is probably one of the most difficult parts of the launch. On to a ship moving forward, rocking back and forth, and up and down with the waves. They have had a lot of problems getting it right during their tests.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
They better play that video to show it did land on the barge. The internet is lighting up on what went on there.

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
They better play that video to show it did land on the barge. The internet is lighting up on what went on there.

I was watching the lift off on CNN and 15 seconds to launch, they suddenly switched to it high up and accelerating. For some reason they skipped the launch.

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
They better play that video to show it did land on the barge
I have no doubt it did, the cloud pattern in the distance is the same as the one just before the communication loss. The NASA Utube channel has the entire launch and will be live until they dock at the ISS tomorrow.

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
I watched it on National Geographic and didn't see anything missing or "suspicious".

At about 8:32 in at the link 2 communication messages are issued, the next live screen is the first stage sitting on the deck. The link is live so that time may be off by a few minutes. Preceding that, the first stage was shown firing its directional rockets as it descended.

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
Some captures in sequence;

spaceX1.png

spaceX2.png

spaceX3.png

spaceX4.png

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
That tells it exactly as it was. One minute the barge was empty, the next minute there was a signal loss, and then the rocket was there.

Reactions: Menantico

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
Call me slow, but I guess I don't understand what folks are getting at here. Is the actual launch being questioned to as to whether it actually happened or is it something else?
There was a brief communications outage from the recovery of the first stage, nothing unusual IMO. I just find it amazing they can land that thing by remote control on a platform being tossed around in the ocean.

Status
Not open for further replies.