Spring so far:

Bobbleton

Explorer
Mar 12, 2004
NJ
Hey everybody. I'm back in town (again), so I figured I'd post up some finds I've made in the pines since I've been around (late april). If any of these look super similar to dragoncjo's . . . its most likely because we took the pictures at the exact same time. So - sorry for that.

Ambystoma opacum (marbled salamander)
IMG_0717sm.jpg

IMG_0757sm.jpg

Bufo fowleri (fowler's toad)
IMG_0778sm.jpg

Rana clamitans melanota (green frog)
IMG_0767sm.jpg

Rana virgatipes (carpenter frog)
IMG_0805sm.jpg

IMG_0816sm.jpg

Hyla versicolor (northern gray)
IMG_0735sm.jpg

Of course the emerald of the pines, Hyla andersonii:
IMG_0846sm.jpg

IMG_0845sm.jpg

So about two years ago on a pbx hike, I suggested to Jeff (woodjin) that I take him to see some pine barrens treefrogs, since he'd never seen them previously. He seemed all for it, and I promised I'd remember to call him when the action began. Well . . . I didn't. So after however many years later (two or three maybe . . ) I finally remembered to call him up. Of course the photographic prowess I displayed is somewhat of an embarrassment, but I had a good time regardless. Thanks again for meeting up, Jeff!
IMG_1378sm.jpg

IMG_1380sm.jpg

The reptiles have been as easy to come by as the amphibians this year. Which is really weird.
Seen about 1000 so far - fence lizards:
IMG_0702sm.jpg

IMG_0795sm.jpg

Juvie Diamondback Terrapin
IMG_0710sm.jpg

worm snake
IMG_0753sm.jpg

s. ringneck
IMG_0870sm.jpg

Racers seem even more abundant than usual . . . i honestly couldn't tell you how many I've seen this year so far.
IMG_0650sm.jpg

IMG_0773sm.jpg

I've really lucked out with this species, too . . . hopefully that keeps happening.
IMG_0631sm.jpg

IMG_0658sm.jpg

IMG_0917sm.jpg

That's about it for my pine barrens finds. To echo Chris, I should have plenty more pics to come this year (i'm keeping my fingers crossed).

Thanks for looking.

-Bob

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Some of the photo's have been removed? Is anyone else not finding some?

Guy

snakehunter7

Scout
Apr 6, 2006
MIllville
they are awesome looking pines, still never found one, lol, still trying though, all i found so far was one racer, two ratsnakes, and fence lizards

Bobbleton

Explorer
Mar 12, 2004
NJ
sorry. my site recently changed servers and i must have uploaded some of those pictures after the freeze date. you should be able to see them now.