Stafford Forge Target Range Clean-up

PancoastDrifter

Explorer
Dec 7, 2008
www.flickr.com
I stopped by the shotgun range to clean up the archery area today. Then I wandered over the the shotgun range. Besides less shells, it was as if the shotgun area was never cleaned at all. I filled two garbage bags full of empty cardboard ammo boxes. If I had more bags, I could have filled up more...

freerider

Explorer
Jan 3, 2008
Yes repeat cleanups are frustrating.

At times I have been realizing a religious experience when I clean up some ones mess. (range road seems to attract male and female underwear allot)

Forgive them father for they know not what they do..........

mudboy dave

Explorer
Oct 15, 2008
atco
opentrailsnj.org
I stopped by the shotgun range to clean up the archery area today. Then I wandered over the the shotgun range. Besides less shells, it was as if the shotgun area was never cleaned at all. I filled two garbage bags full of empty cardboard ammo boxes. If I had more bags, I could have filled up more...

now something should happen, i'd post signs and go from there after that I dunno.

freerider

Explorer
Jan 3, 2008
State would need to monitor the ranges and other areas. If it did so. Few would show up to use them.

Simple is that many simply DO NOT care about the environment and the trash they leave behind.

I say a Pine Barrens Caretaker needs to be stationed at the range. Allowed to stay in an RV or other small building.

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
I say a Pine Barrens Caretaker needs to be stationed at the range. Allowed to stay in an RV or other small building.

I'd love to listen in on the interview for that job :D

Interviewer: Thats right, you get to stay in that little hut all day. And no, you cannot be armed, but you must be able to assert yourself to citizens with various forms of firearms and instruct those using the range that they cannot leave until they clean up after themselves.

Interviewee: And whats the pay?

Interviewer: We are giving first consideration to those that volunteer, but should no one do so, we are willing to pay minumum wage, no benefits except possibly some help on hospital expenses. Interested?

Interviewee: The sound of a door being slammed......