State Tax Parcel Website Now Has Aerial

RednekF350

Piney
Feb 20, 2004
Pestletown, N.J.
Thank God, or perhaps the State, that the aerial photo base was brought back. Now, if they will bring back the multiple year choices like the old system, I'd really be happy.
For the last few months I've had to use the Geoweb for my work and that's a little more unwieldy.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
I have asked them to bring back the feature where the window could be moved around to allow viewing of the map that is under it. Currently, the window is stuck in place. I also mentioned that many of the tax names either have disappeared or need to be added.

I am very happy this now has aerials. This time of year I use it for all of my stone searching.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Excellent, and much anticipated. Now, if they would ensure an owner's name would pop up on every click, that would be nice.

Yea, Washington Township in the Lower Bank area seems to really be missing names. I may have just noticed that more because I have been working in that area for the past few weeks.

lj762

Explorer
Feb 18, 2017
Bass River State Forest
I noticed their new system in early September, and I don't like it. Didn't the old system let you click somewhere in the info popup to see the whole MOD-IV tax database record? That's gone. There seems to be no way to see the Additional Lots field, for example. Also, while the aerial basemap is nice, there are no labels such as road names which makes it hard for me to use.

Don Catts

Explorer
Aug 5, 2012
Indian Mills
While looking over the map I noticed that on Quaker Bridge Road, from Atsion to Quaker Bridge, there is a section of the right-of-way just passed the railroad that veers off to the left then takes a sharp right then a sharp left and back on to QBR. This section of R.O.W that I called road "A" (on the map below) is an actual road. I have walked it. When you get to the East Fruitland Village line it jogs sharply to the right. At this point, as it goes through East Fruitland, and the old deeds call it Plumb Avenue. Then it turns sharply to the left and you are back on the existing QBR.

I have seen this jug on other map and was wondering if it is the true QBR right-of way or was the road just moved at one time to accommodate the East Fruitland lay-out. Quaker Bridge Road is a official County road with a 66' R.O.W. so I don't know how you could just move it. A look at the original county road return may answer the question.

Just think for years we thought we were driving down QBR when we were actually taking a short-cut through the woods.

Just a quick half time though on a Saturday night, now back to the game.

Don

Scan.jpg

Reactions: Boyd

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Many roads were moved to straighten them so I vote for that.