State will close dirt road near Whitesbog

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
http://www.phillyburbs.com/pb-dyn/news/112-08242005-531631.html

Drivers who use North Whitesbog Road as a shortcut may want to start looking for a new way to get to Lakehurst Road or Route 70.

Also, in a related article:

Also next week, the section of Route 532 between Route 206 and Carranza Road in Tabernacle will be closed Tuesday from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. to allow for a culvert replacement.

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
Also FYI... The other day I saw they were finishing the paving on Hawkins Rd in Medford between Skeet Rd and Rt 206. I fear that nice new pavement is gonna turn into a drag strip...

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
Oh yeah, I missed that. Funny that they couldn't pave 250'... too bad the commission couldn't stop the whole project as far as I'm concerned. I decided to cut through there a couple days ago and they were just finishing up, but I didn't drive the full length so I'm not clear on where the unpaved part is...

woodjin

Piney
Nov 8, 2004
Near Mt. Misery
Hmmm, regarding the article, Ridge road can be dangerous if traffic gets to be a problem there. An easier solution would be to construct some kind of speed bump as a driver would approach the village. I just hope they never close Mt Misery road, thats how I get into town.

Jeff

whippoorwill

Sep 4, 2005
Joe Whartons Forest
closing n.whitesbogs rd.

yes putting in a speed bump of some kind may help but the main problem is the scum bags dumping trash up and down the road i lived in tabernacle most of my life and were ever you go someone is throwing trash into the woods know living in brownsmills and it is worse i just dont understand these people trash removal wtll take just about anything these days they just have no respect for our state and private forests i wonder how they would like someone trashing their front lawn

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
woodjin said:
Hmmm, regarding the article, Ridge road can be dangerous if traffic gets to be a problem there. An easier solution would be to construct some kind of speed bump as a driver would approach the village. I just hope they never close Mt Misery road, thats how I get into town.

Jeff

Jeff, what do you mean you take Mt. Misery road to town? Do you head east on 70 and turn left opposite the macadam road that takes you to Mount Misery? Where do you come out at, Junction Road?

woodjin

Piney
Nov 8, 2004
Near Mt. Misery
Yes Bob, you are correct. If I fly down Mt. Misery road it is faster than going up spring lake blvd. Incidently, there are no houses except for one (set way back) on this part of the road so I don't present a hazard to anyone.

Jeff

suresue592003

Explorer
Apr 4, 2004
Browns Mills, NJ
Hawkins Road

Normally, I hate to see our dirt roads tarred, but am thankful for Hawkins Road. More then one teenager has lost their life on that road. I have traveled that road all my life and navigating the ruts was a real challenge that required skill! My last vehicle was a 96 tracker and on a bad trip if I went over 20 mile an hour, I would literlly bounce across the road heading for the woods! Often I would picture young drivers hitting that dirt portion going 40 0r 45 not knowing any better. I don't forsee it becomning a drag strip, just see more houses comning. But what else is new here in Jersey?