Stone Searching Frustration

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
It has been a fairly frustrating two weekends. Last weekend I went looking for 5 property stones and without Jessica I would have not found any of them. This stone was found by someone else with a little help from me. Notice the nail in it for surveying. This is on the Wharton line in a really hard to reach area.

IMG_0987.JPG

We continued to the next location and within minutes Jessica came up with this one. I looked for the state monument but came up empty. I was not going to let this one slip past me so I returned today alone as Jessica was sick. After 30 minutes of looking I had to give up.

IMG_0989.JPG

And last weekend we had a first ..... finding 7 large stones at one property corner. They are all quite large and fully underground. Today the rain had cleaned them off making them look even larger.

IMG_0995.JPG

There is another corner exactly 85.8 feet away and we just could not come up with it last week. So I returned today with my tape measure and hooked it to the tree you see to Jessica's left in the above photo. I weaved it through the woods to the next location and then tugged it fully straight.

Weaving it through the vegetation.

IMG_0998.JPG

85.8 feet and nothing was there. I will pass on these until next winter.

IMG_0997.JPG

Guy