Storm Stories

long-a-coming

Explorer
Mar 28, 2005
Berlin Twp
This storm luckily was not a devastating Cat 2 or higher but i'm sure you all have some experiences to tell about yourself or others. I was lucky not to sustain any property damage on my house. Within the last year we sold our Brigantine summer place and I worry about what the storm did to that old shack. Not my problem but I still would feel bad if something significant happened to the property. I have a submersible water pump if anyone needs to borrow one.

Here's something that happened locally in Berlin. The owners of a local restaurant planned to have a wedding celebration for their daughter this past weekend. The wedding was cancelled. The daughter's name was Irene. My wife heard about this.

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
kind of old history but back when hurrican Belle hit in the 70's my mother was getting her ears pierced in the cumberland mall.When they punched the hole the lights went out.my mom thought she passed out from the pain.Her name is Belle.

gipsie

Explorer
Sep 14, 2008
atlantic county
Wish I didn't have a story but unfortunately......

1d0f44ec-6b19-432a-bfce-7ab9b821fe6a.jpg

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Wow! That is a crime. Sorry to see that.

Some of us were quite fortunate!

Guy

Kevinhooa

Explorer
Mar 12, 2008
Hammonton, NJ.
www.flickr.com
Wow Gipsie, sorry to hear about that. Luckily we were fortunate where we lived with minor blow-downs and slight flooding.

I actually took a ride out on Sunday to check the flood levels. I guess I should have went out on Monday instead as I hear it got about 1-2 feet higher in places from when I saw it. There's a big hole in the road near Pleasant Mills, and they are really lucky it didn't wash out there. Rt. 532 had a small hole before the abutment in the bride for the Mullica River, and there was a slight washout at the Batsto River Bridge as well. Basto near the sawmill is a mess right now but it looks like some gravel fill should fix everything back up. They just opened up the road to Weymouth Furnace last night and the water there was still very high, and judging by the water line maybe only dropped a couple of inches. I heard one of the pipes blew out of the dam at Lake Lenape (not confirmed) and the workers were rushing to fix that before things got really bad. What a storm.

Constable's Bridge.

Mullica put in on Rt. 532 - Canoer's Hole

Quaker Bridge

Atsion park entrance.