Summit on Invasion Postponed

RednekF350

Piney
Feb 20, 2004
Pestletown, N.J.
Here is a link to a Courier article from today 1-22-05.

http://www.courierpostonline.com/news/southjersey/m012205h.htm

The summit on the yuppy invasion has been postponed until 1-31-05 because of the snow expected for today.
I would have thought that "they" would have welcomed the opportunity to use that little 4x4 button on their walnut dashboard to brave their way to the conference.
Oh well.
Gone huntin'.(While I still can)
:)

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Thanks for posting this Scott!

Jackson-Gould, meanwhile, has watched as tourism-boosting efforts by the state Pinelands Commission went nowhere - partly because of bureaucratic red tape, partly because of a fear of exposing fragile ecosystems to trampling by tourists.

That should be enough to realize that this is one reason to not tell people where these places are!

Imagine a bright summer morning picking ripe blueberries, followed by an acrophobia-inducing climb up the Apple Pie Hill fire tower with its views of undulating woodlands.

When they get up there and see the rotting deer, the "you suck" :), "likes boys" :), the televisions, microwaves, bicycles, etc, they may just leave. So we want them to find this place.

But as others have said, I don't see this effecting most of the pines. They will stay where it is comfortable such as Batsto and the local restaurants.

Guy

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
You know what crossed my mind one time? Don't laugh!

Do you know that place for sale on 72 down from the tiki place, the old house? The one that has as its backyard the pygmy pines.

Well, my crazy idea was to buy it and put in a pine barren tourist stop for those on their way to the jersey shore. It would be classy, but woodsy, with a tower 40 feet high made out of cedar, with a small restaurant on top to eat and look out over the plains. Down below would be a historical museum of sorts of the pinelands, with information on the iron and glass towns, photos of the various topography, and pine barren stuff for sale-books, photos, walking sticks. You know, touristy stuff.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
BobM said:
You know what crossed my mind one time? Don't laugh!

Do you know that place for sale on 72 down from the tiki place, the old house? The one that has as its backyard the pygmy pines.

Well, my crazy idea was to buy it and put in a pine barren tourist stop for those on their way to the jersey shore. It would be classy, but woodsy, with a tower 40 feet high made out of cedar, with a small restaurant on top to eat and look out over the plains. Down below would be a historical museum of sorts of the pinelands, with information on the iron and glass towns, photos of the various topography, and pine barren stuff for sale-books, photos, walking sticks. You know, touristy stuff.

That sounds like a good idea, but can you make enough money with it?

Guy