Sunday Hunting Bill Voting 3-16-09

MartGBC

Scout
Sep 10, 2008
Glendora
There are many hunters who work all week and only get the weekends to hunt. If there is bad weather that makes it that many more days they are limited. It is only a few days. There are plenty of days the rest of the year that are free to non hunters.

ecampbell

Piney
Jan 2, 2003
I'm dissappointed that it passed. I take my son into the big woods on Sundays to avoid even the slightest chance of a hunting related accident. Also, we PBX guys (together and on our own) frequent the same areas as hunters and come across stands constantly. We can expect some angry hunters in the future. Nothing against hunting, and I am an avid fisherman, but couldn't we have just left well enough alone, I mean cheez....it's only one day out of the week.

Jeff

Yep, angry hunters telling me to get out of the woods. I had enough of them!!!!!!!!

piker56

Explorer
Jan 13, 2006
Winslow
I comment on this as a bow hunter (zone 65 in Winslow). I never had a problem with not hunting on Sunday. I had plenty of chances evenings and Saturday's during fall, permit and winter bow seasons to bungle shots. Sunday's gave me a chance to hike, walk the dog or trail run without wrecking someones hunt. I echo the sentiment that they should have left well enough alone.
Greg

Hewey

Piney
Mar 10, 2005
Pinewald, NJ
Yep, angry hunters telling me to get out of the woods.
That is the poor attitude some hunters have, they do not even like to share the woods with other hunters. I am an avid bowhunter and I have never had a problem with sharing the woods with anybody, I only hunt public land. Get in deep and chances are you will not see another human.

I do not mind no hunting on sundays, as it is now hunters get around 100 days a year to hunt deer. I hunt almost ever saturday afternoon and a few weekdays once in a while and I know by the end of january i am pretty burnt out. I like the one quiet day a week in the woods.

RednekF350

Piney
Feb 20, 2004
Pestletown, N.J.
"There are plenty of days the rest of the year that are free to non hunters."

I will not be doing this count in a territory that I have had for 30+ years if hunting is taking place at the same time. This data will now be lost.

Archers are the second smallest group of licensed game harvestors next to trappers.
I really don't think you are going to notice that many more people in the woods in the WMA's on a Sunday.
I have taken part in several PBX hikes this year on Saturdays in areas where we should have seen bow hunters during regular and extended bow and they were not to be found.

In addition, archers are solitary, purposely quiet and still, fully camo'd and hunting from trees.
I have had owls perch in trees 20 feet from my head.
I don't think the bow hunters will be radically changing any birdy behavior in the scheme of life in the big woods.

freerider

Explorer
Jan 3, 2008
I certainly will do what i want and where on any day in the pines and be as careful and respectful to others as I normally am.

However, I am alarmed that those of us who frequent the pines as we do have as much support for what we enjoy as non hunters.

ecampbell

Piney
Jan 2, 2003
That is the poor attitude some hunters have, they do not even like to share the woods with other hunters. I am an avid bowhunter and I have never had a problem with sharing the woods with anybody, I only hunt public land. Get in deep and chances are you will not see another human.

I do not mind no hunting on sundays, as it is now hunters get around 100 days a year to hunt deer. I hunt almost ever saturday afternoon and a few weekdays once in a while and I know by the end of january i am pretty burnt out. I like the one quiet day a week in the woods.

I have friends that hunt my property, but there are alot of phychos out there, I could wright a book, and deer week is a whole other reality. Yes, one day of peace a week., It's not a given that all will follow the rules. As of last week I know of 3 functioning deer stands. BTW some of my hunting friends say that the extended season is hurting their sport, not around the farms in Tabernacle however.

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
FWIW, a NJ hunting forum is reporting that the Guv's office is being flooded with petitions by the anti's to veto this bill. I hate to say this, but this is one time I agree with them. :argh: