Sunday snow day in Wharton

Jon Holcombe

Explorer
Dec 1, 2015
Medford
Pretty day but I fell into a rank moat and walked the final 1/2 mile back to the car in wet clothes.
2019-01-13_snow_day3.jpg
2019-01-13_snow_day.jpg

Jon Holcombe

Explorer
Dec 1, 2015
Medford
Pics are worth it ;)
I guess I agree, but the disgusting red slop in that moat required washing my clothes 3 times, wiping down and spraying all of my gear, and pouring soapy water into my hip waders three times, with subsequent rinses. When I got to my car I had to strip out of my clothes on a back road in Chatsworth (hoping no one in the house across the street would see me), and riding home in nothing but skivvies. My wife thinks I am insane. She may be right.

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
riding home in nothing but skivvies. My wife thinks I am insane. She may be right.

You are not insane. I've done that several times, at least twice for wet clothes and about 3 times for chigger-ticks that I did not notice until most of them were in the seams of my pants.

Jon Holcombe

Explorer
Dec 1, 2015
Medford
Agreed. On the way home, on Buttersworth-Bog Rd, I pull over to let a pick up pass and he looks over at me and waves. I'm nekked from the waist up like I'm going to the beach and it's 30 degrees.