"Swamp Brothers" TV Show People Caught Poaching Pine Snakes

dragoncjo

Piney
Aug 12, 2005
camden county
Thanks for posting this. These guys are huge losers and if you watched their show you realized how big a POS they were. I was told of these jokers coming up to the pine barrens when I first started going to the area. I bought cameras and watched the area where this kingsnake was taken with friends for years. Never crossed paths with these two but always really wanted to. Glad to know all they took was a kingsnake.

Reactions: joc

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
And there is no punishment for the cable channel that promoted and paid for their illegal activities? Quite a few shows that have illegal things going on with no repercussions.

dragoncjo

Piney
Aug 12, 2005
camden county
I think this occurred prior to their dumb show. The show didn't last long mostly because it wasn't interesting. There is nothing interesting about Glades herps and them breeding and wild collecting crap, bunch of carnies.

Might be something else coming out soon regarding another guy in trouble for poaching in the barrens, revolving door. I will say from what I've seen much of the collecting in this state has diminished in the barrens. 80% of this or more is because of the efforts of many people on here or other enthusiasts of the barrens. But good luck with ever getting credit for it though.

Last edited:

NJChileHead

Explorer
Dec 22, 2011
I think this occurred prior to their dumb show. The show didn't last long mostly because it wasn't interesting. There is nothing interesting about Glades herps and them breeding and wild collecting crap, bunch of carnies.

Might be something else coming out soon regarding another guy in trouble for poaching in the barrens, revolving door. I will say from what I've seen much of the collecting in this state has diminished in the barrens. 80% of this or more is because of the efforts of many people on here or other enthusiasts of the barrens. But good luck with ever getting credit for it though.

Because of those 80%, our children and grandchildren will have the pleasure of seeing wild kings, corns and pines in the Pine Barrens. Good on you folks for your vigilance.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
I am certainly more aware of this issue than I was in the past because of a few members here. I am now forever on the lookout for this problem.

Last edited:

dragoncjo

Piney
Aug 12, 2005
camden county
I certainly don't want to dismiss the efforts of LE either. They do their best but are limited by lack of funds and proper support. But the barrens is a big place with lots of areas to watch, this community here does a damn good job of keeping watch. I sorta like the vigilante aspect though, makes things interesting out there.

Gibby

Piney
Apr 4, 2011
Trenton
I wouldn't trust any of those herpers out there you see in the pines. They are a strange group of misfits. I don't understand why someone would want to spend their free time laboring in the summer heat trekking into the toughest of areas just to study an animal with scales. It's crazy if you ask me - crazy!

And don't believe one word about them helping LE. Outlaws don't work with the "Man".

Last edited:
Reactions: NJChileHead

NJChileHead

Explorer
Dec 22, 2011
I wouldn't trust any of those herpers out there you see in the pines. They are a strange group of misfits. I don't understand why someone would want to spend their free time laboring in the summer heat trekking into the toughest of areas just to study an animal with scales. It's crazy of you ask me - crazy!

And don't believe one word about them helping LE. Outlaws don't work with the "Man".

I wouldn't trust 'em either. Bunch of yeehaws. Especially the ones looking around for the timbers. Worst of the bunch.

Reactions: Gibby