Tabernacle Mayor

Scroggy

Scout
Jul 5, 2022
Delaware
We hear a lot about how terrible anonymity is on social media, but boy, people will post some absolutely deranged stuff under their real names on Facebook (and probably Nextdoor).

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
A wise man thatJefferson, but, we're forced to elect the lesser of two evils these days.

Apparently, in this case there was only one evil. :D

"Natalie Stone won an uncontested election and was sworn into office in January as Tabernacle's deputy mayor."

BTW, this thread title is misleading. According to the linked article, she is the deputy mayor, not the mayor.

Jul 12, 2006
Gloucester City, NJ
Just goes to show you that people will blindly vote, without ever spending a minute of their own precious time performing research of a candidate. The fact that she ran uncontested says allot about her constituents, whether you want to admit it or not.

Any of this sound familiar?

Apr 6, 2004
Galloway
"I just wanted to find out just how bad it was. But I get it, this building is ‘the most important thing in your life.’ How pathetic. Beloved my a**. Ignored like some of your teeth," Stone wrote.

Ha! I like this lady!

One fellow committee said the comments about Pineys were racist.

Finally! The Pineys are recognized as a race. :D

Jim_H

Scout
May 23, 2024
Medford
Just goes to show you that people will blindly vote, without ever spending a minute of their own precious time performing research of a candidate. The fact that she ran uncontested says allot about her constituents, whether you want to admit it or not.

Any of this sound familiar?
I think it was New Hampshire or some such place where an open Satanist won an uncontested election for town mayor. People don't seem to value local politics enough, partly due to their lack of power. Maybe they intended to vote for the satanist, then? A desperate bid to increase the towns power? ;)

Reactions: this_is_nascar

Scroggy

Scout
Jul 5, 2022
Delaware
I think it was New Hampshire or some such place where an open Satanist won an uncontested election for town mayor. People don't seem to value local politics enough, partly due to their lack of power. Maybe they intended to vote for the satanist, then? A desperate bid to increase the towns power? ;)
I think "open Satanist" is probably less a moral statement and more a signal of the kind of personality that can't be happy unless they've visibly upsetting people around them. Sort of like getting something lascivious tattooed on your face, but easier to reverse.

But yes, what does the deputy mayor of Tabernacle *do*, besides vote on whether to tear down the town hall? (From those engineering reports, it seems like the town hall is going to tear itself down anyway regardless of how people vote.)

Reactions: Jim_H

NJChileHead

Explorer
Dec 22, 2011
"There is ACTUAL TRUTH to Pineys being incestuous, illiterate, mentally deficient, inbred imbeciles supposedly responsible for generations of morons and prostitutes," Stone said on Facebook in 2020.

Ladies and gentlemen, behold what happens when a politician says the quiet part out loud and admits how they really feel about their constituents. And we go ahead and cheer it on because they have a (D) or an (R) next to their name.

We don't need any more politicians, we need actual leaders.

Jim_H

Scout
May 23, 2024
Medford
I think "open Satanist" is probably less a moral statement and more a signal of the kind of personality that can't be happy unless they've visibly upsetting people around them. Sort of like getting something lascivious tattooed on your face, but easier to reverse.

But yes, what does the deputy mayor of Tabernacle *do*, besides vote on whether to tear down the town hall? (From those engineering reports, it seems like the town hall is going to tear itself down anyway regardless of how people vote.)
Proof that if you ignore a problem long enough, it takes care of itself.

RednekF350

Piney
Feb 20, 2004
Pestletown, N.J.
"There is ACTUAL TRUTH to Pineys being incestuous, illiterate, mentally deficient, inbred imbeciles supposedly responsible for generations of morons and prostitutes," Stone said on Facebook in 2020.

I do a lot of technical writing in my work and the accurate choice of words is very important. I immediately noted that Ms. Stone has haphazardly mixed the terms for imbeciles, morons and prostitutes into one sentence. She has intimated that imbeciles were responsible for generations of morons and prostitutes. I not sure that any of that can be accurately attributed to imbeciles, nor am I sure that an imbecile can have progeny who would be classified as morons.

There are distinct numerical IQ values for morons, imbeciles and idiots. These scales are considered offensive now (what isn't?) and are no longer used. For background, these older mental retardation scales indicate that a moron has an IQ of 50-74, an imbecile 25-49 and an idiot 0-24. Prostitutes are not classified by IQ in those scales. As a child, I was pleased to be called a moron by by mom, placing me at the upper end of the scale.

So, in light of all of that, where are these prostitutes of whom she speaks ?

:)

Jul 12, 2006
Gloucester City, NJ
The problem is that the normal hard-working Joe can't afford to put himself out there to fund a campaign. It's gotten so ridiculous that you can't even consider running, even locally, without millions in backing.

We have salary caps in sports. Why not implement salary caps on campaign dollars?

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
As a child, I was pleased to be called a moron by by mom, placing me at the upper end of the scale.

Wear it as a badge of honor - after all, the term "moron" was invented by our own Henry H. Goddard of the Vineland Training School!

But seriously, when I read what the deputy mayor said, I thought it might have actually been a quote from Goddard. I hoped we had moved beyond his theories long ago.

TommyP

Explorer
Mar 30, 2022
Clementon
thomaspluck.substack.com
Ahem.
"Jason Howell, a longtime Pine Barrens resident and environmental activist, blamed Stone’s resignation on a “small contingent of people who used toxic tactics to obtain the political will.”"