Tags

ecampbell

Piney
Jan 2, 2003
I am digitizing my photos and I am looking for a way to attach properties to files, in this case JPGs, so I can search for them in different ways. When I think about my pictures sometime I think of a date, subject, and place. Rather than have copies stored in different ways I was hoping to get alittle more elegant about it. I read about TAGS and wondered if they would work for this app and how to attach them. I am running Windows 7, which BTW is MUCH better than Vista!

Thanks,
Ed

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
Not sure if this will help. Most photohosting sites, like Flickr, allow the addition of tags to help in the search process, but thats not on your computer. The software I use for working on pictures also provides a similar function; you can add words that describe the type of picture or category and it stores that to facilitate future searches. I'm pretty sure it puts it in an EXIF data field, so theoretically if you have a way to edit EXIF data you can probably accomplish the same thing, but it might be a bit ackward. Or you can get the software. Photoshop Elements may even have that capability. Also Picasa from Google has it on their free download.