Ted Gordon speaks about Beck

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
I am just sorry I forgot who you were Chris. I remembered your face but not where I had met you before.

Guy

Chrisr

Explorer
Sep 14, 2008
Cinnaminson, NJ
That's OK Guy. We first met at the Atsion get together/tour of the mansion. Then I bumped into to a couple times at Atsion ranger station parking lot. Last time you were out with Mr. Gordon, and getting ready to leave when I came by.

Pine Baron

Explorer
Feb 23, 2008
Sandy Run
Interesting video, Chris. Nice find.

Mr. Gordon is so right when he says, "there's a lot of historical information that's a gold mine, if you know how to interpret it." Been re-reading Forgotten Towns recently, and there are many cryptic clues in it, leading to historical facts. It's fun trying to decipher and put them into a present-day perspective.

John-

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
It is very obvious that Beck was like many of us are, trying at times to be very evasive or misleading. With very little effort or altering of his style he could have told us so much more. With that said, I am certain that without Beck this website and many other things I am involved with would never had happened. His interest in the pines fuels everything that I and many others do. He assured that we would suffer the same frustrations that he so obviously endured. Call it "payback" or whatever you want to think of it as :bang: :D

Guy

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
It's funny, because when I think of Beck it's not the "historical information" that stands out. It's his folksy style and the vivid portraits that he paints of the people and the times in which they lived. I tend to get bored with books that just recount history, but Beck never fails to hold my interest.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
It's funny, because when I think of Beck it's not the "historical information" that stands out. It's his folksy style and the vivid portraits that he paints of the people and the times in which they lived. I tend to get bored with books that just recount history, but Beck never fails to hold my interest.

Well said and true. However, when plowing through the woods all day looking for something Beck mentions, it sure would be nice to have more historical records. :)

Guy