test

VTowner

Scout
Dec 31, 1969
Visit site
Is there something wrong with my browser or have there really been no new messages since mid-May?

(I'm not simply being sarcastic, I changed some cookie setting and now I get a new icon in the bottom of my browser when I go here.)

VTowner

Scout
Dec 31, 1969
Visit site
I guess my browser is working. I thought for sure that someone would have had something to say about the fire near the Parkway.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
I believe a discussion is going on in the Nature and Ecosystem forum about the fire, and fires in general.

Ticks have kept me from exploring as much as I would like, hampering any information or stories that I would have otherwise posted about.

Guy

BarryC

Explorer
Dec 31, 1969
members.tripod.com
I haven't posted here in a while because nobody else has.
But I've been on a couple of outings recently and I'll post about it later, when I get the chance.
Barry

JeffD

Explorer
Dec 31, 1969
There is nothing wrong with your browser, VTowner. The webmaster controls the horizontal. The webmaster controls the vertical. I too noticed a lull in postings, the first chance I got to post after I heard about the fire (I was busy trying to make a deadline at work, and I made it by 1/2 hour) I posted.

Guy, you might try that concoction I mentioned. I'm not sure about the ratios of each of the ingredients, but when I made it a few years ago, it worked against ticks, etc. A friend showed me the formula, which was in some kind of outdoors magazine several years ago. The people who gave this home made replellent said that in an area they usually go, with horses (I guess they sprayed them too) they normally pick up scads of ticks. But when they used the repellent, they hardly found any on themselves or the horses.

The ingredients are: white vinegar, water, Avon Skin-so-soft, and euclyptus oil. I believe you use one cup of white vinegar to two cups of water to, eather 1/2 cup or 1 cup of Skin-so-soft. I think you use just a tablespoon or two of eucaltypus oil in this formula. I recently aquired the ingredients but need to get a spray bottle to mix it in. The bottles used to spray plants with water worked before for me.

Thanks for reminding me about that, Guy.

I modified this post because I spelled your handle wrong, VTowner. I guess I'm so used to people who leave their rules of proper English behind when they go on the net and arbitrarily use lower case when they should use upper case. It's good to see someone bring good English into cyberspace.