Southern NJ
southjerseyphotos.com
56.jpg

RednekF350

Piney
Feb 20, 2004
Pestletown, N.J.
I'll be there on Sunday.

Hunters Helping Heroes will have a booth there this year. They help put together hunting and fishing trips for active and retired military. An individual can volunteer to take a few guys for a flounder trip or an outfitter can donate an entire hunt package. No outing is too big or too small.

My son has taken guys out on Canada goose and snow goose hunts in South Jersey and I took 4 guys out wreck fishing on my boat back in June.
It is very rewarding experience.
Here is my son's snow goose hunt featuring his dog Hank, the best dog I have ever known.
http://huntershelpingheroes.org/items/success-story-6-chris-and-jay/

The founder is a young man named Ryan Miller from California who is stationed at McGuire. He wanted to hunt NJ but had no friends or contacts here and started trying to make friends through a NJ hunting website. It grew from that.
Ryan will be working the booth on Saturday and my son is supposed to help out on Sunday.

Stop by and give them a look.

Scott

Reactions: dogg57

Hewey

Piney
Mar 10, 2005
Pinewald, NJ
How was it, Scott? I was unable to make it this year due to obligations. I wish I could have made it, I have only missed it a couple of times in the past 15 years. It is always a good time.

RednekF350

Piney
Feb 20, 2004
Pestletown, N.J.
How was it, Scott? I was unable to make it this year due to obligations. I wish I could have made it, I have only missed it a couple of times in the past 15 years. It is always a good time.

It was a beautiful day Chris. The nicest weather you could have asked for.

The Hunters Helping Heroes booth was very busy and they did well raising funds. The funds are going to be used for all of the secondary costs of getting the soldiers licenses, permits and transportation to donated hunts. Thankfully, some states offer free or reduced price licenses for active military but the transportation and other costs can add up.

I didn't buy much stuff but I got a good buy at a yard sale on Route 9 as I was walking back to the truck. I bought a 12' long, wood handled, duckbilled push pole for my jon boat for 5$. The duckbill was made by Herters in Wisconsin and works well. The handle is well weathered and actually had lichen on it. I am thinking of replacing it with cedar.